Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was your first Glock? What led you to the Glock brand? Was it your first gun?

Me: I bought my first Glock, a G23 2nd gen in Jan 06. I chose Glock because I had read about their reliability and ease of take down... I've had about 6 or 7 since then - my favorite being the G30.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
My first glock was a g36. Have had 5 more since and my only regret is selling 3 out of the 6 ive had. My favorite is my g19 followed closely by my g26

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
My first and only G17RTF2 and I love it. How about a thread comparing the generations of Glock? Is one gen better than another? Have Glocks gotten better or worse with each generation. Are Gen 1 and 3 better than gen 2 and 4? We have here a wealth of Glock lore and knowledge. Lets share with those that do not have years of Glock knowledge. People like myself. I did alot of research before I bought my 17 and continued getting as much info I could since. I feel I am well versed on 3 gen Glocks, but I have never even held a gen 1 or 2 let alone fired one

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
I believe that the 2 gen glock wer the best as far as not having any problems. 3 gen as far as all around looks and performance. Just my opinion

·
Registered
38 Posts
my first glock was my 26, my second was my 19, which depending on how i feel about the 4th gen 19s - might be on the sale block.... the idea of the adjustable grip size and the dual recoil spring just sounds too good to resist.

my fave is my 26. i am the most accurate with it, especially with the gap floorplates installed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My first Glock was my G19. Its the only one I have as of now but will probably be getting more in the future. I have had several handguns over the years and will hopefully have many many more. I've only had my glock for about 2 months now. AWESOME gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine was a G23 1997. I liked the Glock trigger safety with no other external safetys. I wanted it for CCW but found it to be fatter and heavier than optimal. Have since acquired a G36 for that role and love it. It's what I originally wanted my G23 to be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My first Glock was a 3rd gen 23. Shortly following that, I picked up a 27. Had planned at one point to own one of each model, but new guns came into play, and I gave that up. Still thinking of picking up a G17 though.

LC

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.