Glock Pro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
It's really not needed as the striker is never cocked except when the trigger is pulled, plus it has a firing pin safety in case it's dropped & also has a trigger bar safety shelf in the trigger housing that prevents the bar from going down unless the trigger is pulled..
There are some out there but wouldn't waste my time & you'll have to modify the frame to install it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
When my Glocks are not being carried in a MIC holster or in a kydex that they snap in, I use a safeTblock as any extra safety. It makes me feel better about not snagging the trigger on clothing or the edge of a holster. Probably not needed but they push out easy and give me peace of mind.

Other than that, no, no external safety needed.

Reactions: Johwar

·
Registered
31 Posts
I added the siderlock to my g26 and I love it. I know it's not necessary, however, this is a carry gun and it makes me feel just a little better. It's very simple to work and you don't have to use it all the time.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Glocks have no reason to have an external safety. Plus, wouldn't that suck to be in a high stress situation were you needed to defend yourself and you forget to take it off safety?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
When I want a external safety, I carry my 1911 - which typically happens when I'm going to Bar-B-Ques! :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
What everybody else said, Glocks have become popular with LE and civilians because they do not have any external safeties to fumble with! If you do want external safety there are much better off-the-shelf guns out there than a Glock retrofited with external safety.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Would you add a safety to a revolver? No difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Glocks have no reason to have an external safety. Plus, wouldn't that suck to be in a high stress situation were you needed to defend yourself and you forget to take it off safety?
Good point and you need to make it (dealing with the safety) part of your training. However, I don't think you can be too safe with a weapon. It's not for everyone, but I like it.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Im pretty sure theres a big difference but im with your answer, NO
How is there a difference? One pull of a revolver's trigger and the gun goes bang. One pull of a GLOCK and the gun goes bang.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Lack of an external safety is one the main reasons I only shoot Glock.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Not on a Glock, but if I ever get a M&P(which I would love to have) I would get it with a thumb safety. IDK it just seems wrong for a Glock to have an external safety.

When I first got my Glock I was a little uncomfortable not having an external safety on it, but once I got use to it I realized that it's a really good system.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.