1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I went with Glock for multiple reasons.

Undeniable reliability
Accuracy
Safe Action Pistols - it's meant to fire but only if there is 1 in the head and the trigger is pulled.
Easy to break down.. Contrary to some sKeptics.
They look Good
Conversions.. "you can have 2 guns with just the change of a barrel".. but truly o extra parts required
Their Legacy

They are just simple quality pistols.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I lovem. Reliable, high capacity, accurate, easy to work on. Great all around gun.

·
Registered
275 Posts
The Rogue Warrior himself, Richard Marcinko claims to carry a glock 27 in his books. The founder of SEAL Team 6 can never be wrong. Glock has proven reliability, hence all the copy cats out there...XD's, Sigmas? Glock is the BEST

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well I was always drawn to the alure of Glocks reliability but never liked the way they felt in my hand so I went with smaller griped "plastic" guns. But after several disapointments I was able to get my hands on the Gen4 I know own..So I guess what drawn me to Glock was reliability and the mother load of parts and acc. available for them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I guess another way to look at it is, WHY ANYTHING ELSE?

The Rogue Warrior's opinion is that Glocks and H&K USP's are the best handguns out of the box, PERIOD, God I love his books.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Rogue Warrior himself, Richard Marcinko claims to carry a glock 27 in his books. The founder of SEAL Team 6 can never be wrong. Glock has proven reliability, hence all the copy cats out there...XD's, Sigmas? Glock is the BEST
i'm waiting for the next one.

shooting a friend's 19 was my 1st glock experience and was way better than i expected.

·
Registered
334 Posts
They are totally reliable and no external safeties to flip off.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Originally it was a duty gun and that was what all the other little boys were doing.

·
Administrator
7,045 Posts
All the above .But the big one for me was holster option's. Black tie event or nude beach theres a holster made for my glock.
Jeez... I hope you're going open carry!!!!!

I like Glocks because of their reliability... It doesn't hurt than so many LEO's and military units stndardized on Glock pistols... that had to be for a reason... I like that they are not as heavy as some of the big all-steel pistols... Glocks seem more reasonably priced that some of the other pistols... lots of extra parts and mods for Glocks... and I think Glocks are very snazzy looking... very stylish for a pistol...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Jeez... I hope you're going open carry!!!!!

I like Glocks because of their reliability... It doesn't hurt than so many LEO's and military units stndardized on Glock pistols... that had to be for a reason... I like that they are not as heavy as some of the big all-steel pistols... Glocks seem more reasonably priced that some of the other pistols... lots of extra parts and mods for Glocks... and I think Glocks are very snazzy looking... very stylish for a pistol...
I think nude beaches are CCW only LOL

·
Registered
10 Posts
Before I bought my 19 I rented a few guns at the range and I liked the Glock. Their reputation as well as the price I got it for was what ultimately sealed the deal. Sucked having to wait 9 weeks for shipping but I am very happy with my decision. Over 500 rounds, at least 4 different kinds of ammo, no malfunctions whatsoever. And my CPL should be here any day now...

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well I wanted a .40 because I had never shot a .40 and during the ammo shortage .40 was really the only thing on store shelves. At first I wanted a Walther P99. Then I wanted an XD40, then I wanted a Walther P99 again. Then I figured that for the price of the Walther I might as well get an HK. So I wanted an HK USP Compact .40. Then I watched nutnfancy's video comparing the USPc .40 to the G23. This video didn't sway me one direction or the other, just made me consider Glock as an option.

So I researched Glock as much as I could and discovered that it's relatively easy to fully disassemble a Glock AND get replacement factory parts for it. That's what made my mind up and I couldn't be happier with my decision.

·
Administrator
7,045 Posts
Well I wanted a .40 because I had never shot a .40 and during the ammo shortage .40 was really the only thing on store shelves. At first I wanted a Walther P99. Then I wanted an XD40, then I wanted a Walther P99 again. Then I figured that for the price of the Walther I might as well get an HK. So I wanted an HK USP Compact .40. Then I watched nutnfancy's video comparing the USPc .40 to the G23. This video didn't sway me one direction or the other, just made me consider Glock as an option.

So I researched Glock as much as I could and discovered that it's relatively easy to fully disassemble a Glock AND get replacement factory parts for it. That's what made my mind up and I couldn't be happier with my decision.
I have seen many of nutnfancy's YouTube videos... He is informative and entertaining... Hard to believe he is a Lt. Colonel in the military, though... Most of the colonels I have met are deadly serious... some of his videos are pretty good...

·
Registered
431 Posts
I got my Glock, because of what I have read about them, what friends said and each time I shoot it, I like it more than the last time.

What a great gun

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.