Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
It's the old revolver grip, that was around before the thumbs over grip became popular with revolvers. Most revolvers shooters that use the thumbs over grip get the crap torn out of their thumb when they first try shooting a semi-auto handgun with someone who isn't properly trained to instruct them on a proper grip.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It's the old revolver grip, that was around before the thumbs over grip became popular with revolvers. Most revolvers shooters that use the thumbs over grip get the crap torn out of their thumb when they first try shooting a semi-auto handgun with someone who isn't properly trained to instruct them on a proper grip.
This was my thought as soon as I saw it. The cup and saucer was a very common grip long ago, especially with revolver shooters. It is only more recently that it is no longer taught by anyone. In fact, I recall one of the best shooters on Top Shot (season 2) insisted on the cup and saucer because he couldn't break his habits. Granted it is no longer taught or accepted especially for semi-auto shooting, it is hard to call it amateur since some of the best shooters in the past century or longer have used it (not really recently, but it's hard to erase the cup and saucer from history). I am not defending the grip because it lacks in several ways that the modern grips do not, but it was once widely accepted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.