Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I have looked at them on the net. Everyone says they are comfortable but I just don't see how they could be. I am probably wrong it wouldn't be the first time but I tend to stick to my leather holsters. They have more give to them

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
KeithD prefers Raven Concealment Systems if my memory serves me correctly. Ive never had one but most that do love em.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I realize that all things are not made for all people but yes, im a big fan of raven gear and know a lot of people that feel the same way. Very light, thin, modular, great customer service and lifetime unconditional warranty.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have had a few CompTac holsters and they are well made. With that said, I have recently purchased a CrossBreed holster and it is, by far, the most comfortable holster I have ever owned. CrossBreed offers a 2-week trial with a no-questions-asked return policy and a lifetime warranty. That's a no brainer and hard to beat. They also offer an NRA discount. I would recommend CrossBreed over any other holster brand.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have had a few CompTac holsters and they are well made. With that said, I have recently purchased a CrossBreed holster and it is, by far, the most comfortable holster I have ever owned. CrossBreed offers a 2-week trial with a no-questions-asked return policy and a lifetime warranty. That's a no brainer and hard to beat. They also offer an NRA discount. I would recommend CrossBreed over any other holster brand.
They also offer Military and Law Enforcement discounts, 10%. I have to say, Crossbreed is the direction I'll be going real soon.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I carry my G38 daily in a Comp-tac paddle slide, and it will work with the 9/40 models well enough for range work. This is the only paddle holster that I have ever tried that worked well enough for me to carry.

I also have one of the M-tac holsters for IWB that works well, but I rarely carry IWB anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I have a paddle for my 1911, and a Gladiator for my 19's. I really like their holsters all around and have always had great customer service and fast shipping.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I consider a CTAC a staple for any pistol I plan to carry. I have worn most all holster makers at one time or another but keep coming back to the CTAC. It was the first IWB I ever tried and will probably be my last. The MTAC is an interesting "theory" but for me it never quite worked out in practice. One of the main selling features is the modularity ... ability to swap bodies out. The fact is it's a PITA to swap it out so I always found I had dedicated setups for all my pistols. The other downside to the MTAC is the large leather backing causes me to sweat even more and sometimes folds in slightly when the pistol is drawn.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a CTAC for a 1911, and a MTAC for Glocks and run them exclusively as my CCW rigs. I have never found an IWB that I enjoyed carrying my firearms in, until I came across COmp-Tac. I am almost ready to pull the trigger on a OWB Comp-Tac rig for IDPA. I will be a customer for as long as they are in business, which I hope is a very long time off!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm one of those that think it's one of the most comfortable. The most obvious plus to the kydex half body over a leather holster is ease of reholstering. I've worn all leather holsters as well, but think the MTAC is just as comfortable and tends to stay put better... for me anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For what it's worth, Comp-Tac offers a 30 day trial period.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.