Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are ya'lls thoughts on white lithium grease for lubricating firearms? What about lubes that contain Petroleum distillates? I've been reading these threads, and I'm down to Ballistol and FL. What are ya'lls thoughts? Give me the good, bad, and the ugly!

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,494 Posts
I use wlg (white lithium grease) on things at work cause that is how "they" do it, I personally dislike it, too messy and too oily .... I would never consider it on any of my weapons ...

your mileage may vary

·
Registered
410 Posts
I've tried it many years ago. Like Otintx said it's messy and not worth fooling with. It also picks up a lot of crap, small particles of stuff from around the range, etc. Usually you end up collecting more crud, that can damage or wear on your firearm than doing good for your weapon. Personally, with exceptions, I stay away from grease period. But different firearms are have different requirements. You don't need any $20.00 a tube "flavor of the month" stuff either. Just get a syringe of Remington Gun/Reel grease, or I like Shooter's choice.
I actually never used grease on my Glocks, but one of the Moderators here, Cohland, who just got back from his re-certification armorer's class, said Glock is now recommending you use a little grease on the slide cam, and between the birds head on your trigger bar and the connector. If your not familiar with those areas, you can contact him on this site, he posted a picture somewhere, but I can't remember where. So I'm just going to use grease for the first time, just to see what happens, per Glock's recommendation.

Hope that helps,

FT:cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks FortTom. I appreciate your help. I was just wondering because I saw on a different website someone saying he was using wlg on his semi-auto rifle. I did see Cohland's post and pictures. Thanks again.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Glocks require very little in the way of lube or oil. All I use is a few drops of Mobil-1 in the right places. Shoot, clean repeat.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just had the feed ramp on the threaded barrel on my G23 Gen 4 polished. The gunsmith is a Glock fanatic, and said basically what FortTom said. Dab wlg on only 5 spots and that's all the lube you need. I polish the barrel with Nevr Dull, and that's all I'm gonna do in the future. As he said, Glocks don't like over lubing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I only use Ballistol and Tetra grease whether for rifles, semi's, revolvers or rimfire.

The grease is only on heavy, sliding parts like in the Garand. The Glock gets ballistol only.

I tend to clean my firearms after every shooting session and these have worked very well for me.

FYI -- I use the Tetra because it's clear and less likely to stain clothes, bags, etc. Otherwise any synthetic would work for me. I like the Ballistol mostly because it's non-toxic without too much of an offending odor and comes off with water which makes clean-up of hands, rags, clothes much easier.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.