Votes: 3 25.0%
  • What?

Votes: 2 16.7%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,976 Posts
What a great question!

I am using the standard backstrap on my 4th gen 17 for two reasons... It came on the 17 and it fits my hand well... plus, it seems to put the middle of my shooting finger in the correct place on the trigger.

I assume that the important metric about backstrap distance is that it puts your shooting finger in the right place on the trigger... right?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Disclaimer, I've never fondled or shot a G4 Glock.

The backstrap will be largely dependent on your hands and grip. There is no 'right' answer. It's just like the M&P grips...choose what works best for you, not for someone else.

I'll also add to try them all out for a while and see which you shoot best with. What is most comfortable does not always equate to what gives you the best grip for control of the gun (namely lessening recoil). Many people find that while the large M&P grips are uncomfortable, they offer the best grip and thus are able to run the gun more efficiently.

·
Registered
334 Posts
big strap, big hands.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Actually I am not using a backstrap on mine. I am going to guess this is what you are refering to as the small one though.

·
Registered
226 Posts
no back strap "small" on my G22 just fits my hand better than any other configuration

·
Registered
18 Posts
On my Gen 4/17 I tried no backstrap, the med and the large. The Large gave me the best finger position as well as first and repeat shot ease of firing. It only takes a pin push to change straps to find out which is best suited for you. By the way; bring plenty of ammo. That's what it's all about anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I changed the poll options a little to reword 'regular'... meaning none. Then med or large for the other results.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts