Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted on the "Worst gun ever" thread that I hate my Sigma SW9VE. I also posted a thread that my gun case is itching for a new Glock. I have decided I am going to get a G30. Today is the day. With the hurricane coming I feel the need to add to my arsenal in the event the weather kicks up a bunch of Zombies or looters. (JK) Anyhow, I am going to trade in my SW on the new Glock. What should I ask for this piece of crap Sigma? I paid just under $300 for it. To me it isn't worth the plastic case it came in, but I could use the cash to offset the dent in my wallet that the gun store is fixing to create. Do you think I could get $200 for it? I bought it new in April and I haven't shot more than 5 mags through it. I just don't like shooting it, and we all know if you don't like it you aren't going to use it.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Unless it's something the dealer is really looking for, there's pretty much no such thing as trade-in here in Colorado. You'd probably be better off selling it outright.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal. $200.00 private sell would have been my guess as well. Getting that from a dealer in trade - good job!

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice deal - woulda figured 150.00 max for the Sigma.
About that lettering, did you do that yourself or did the shop do it?
I did it. You need white fingernail polish and non-acetone remover. Dab it onto cover let it sit about 20 minutes and dampen a folded paper towel with the remover and wipe off the excess. This will reveal the lettering. Repeat if desired. Found it on youtube. Thinking about doing my G21 in orange.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I did it. You need white fingernail polish and non-acetone remover. Dab it onto cover let it sit about 20 minutes and dampen a folded paper towel with the remover and wipe off the excess. This will reveal the lettering. Repeat if desired. Found it on youtube. Thinking about doing my G21 in orange.
How's it hold up, let us know. But a trick well learned indeed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts