Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carry everyday the following items for the following reasons:

1. G27 conversion to 357 sig, with three 11rd mags (34rds) in a Galco Deep Undercover Holster (Personal Protection)
2. Leatherman Juice CS4 (fix small items that my break during the day)
3. car keys (obvious use for auto)
4. wallet (I have kids and no CASH)
5. XTAR headlamp light (CR123) (Tired of having to stick my Surefire in my mouth so I went with a headlamp)
6. small Bic lighter (fire starter)
7. Zippo lighter (sentimental value)
8. Blistex SPF30 (lip protection)
9. Lens cleaning rag (to clean my glasses)
10. Cell phone (communication work and personal use)
11. Casio G-Shock MT-G Watch (obvious tell time)
12. My wedding band (sentimental value)
13. Contact lenses or Glasses (to see)
14. Pen (write work)
15. Fitbit Flex tracks my daily activities (Gets me of the couch at least 5 miles a day)

Now I switch the G27 out with my Kimber 1911 ultra carry II, with three mags (25rds). The Kimber shoots great for a 2 1/2" barrel and you can shoot it all day. When I'm in shorts I carry my Sig P238 with three mags (20rds).

What do you carry...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
What I carry depends on if I'm at work or not.

At work (an office, no firearms allowed) its very basic: wallet, phone, keys, a dress watch, wedding ring, Victorinox Cadet, Thrunite T3.

Outside of work I still try to keep the weight and bulk to a minimum: wallet, phone, keys, G26 in a G-Code Incog IWB, spare 17rd mag in a Bravo Concealment mag carrier set up for IWB, usually a Spyderco folding knife (I have too many knives - and Spyderco's - to choose from), Fenix PD32, Victorinox Cadet, G-Shock DW6900MS, wedding ring.

That's what I EDC on my person. What I have in my EDC bag is a whole different story.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a true EDC Bag or Get Home Bag GHB. But I do live in Alaska that requires you to have some essentials in your vehicle like a -35 sleeping bag and clothing to match. I will save my vehicle EDC for another thread. However you never know when your going to slide off the road and need to fight off something furry or spend the night. Hence the reason I switched from my trusted 45 ACP to the 357 Sig round.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like my G23 and I have a Ruger GP100 it's a tank but they are difficult for me to carry especially the GP100. I'm just more of a compact carry person. However, for work I carry a Beretta 92 (M9) and no I don't like the Beretta. The trigger is too long of a pull, and the safety is all wrong but it does shoot nice.

·
Registered
869 Posts
This reminds me of a Sales Manager I had many years ago, a devout Catholic who when getting his garb on would touch his glasses, groin and both front pockets making the "Sign of The Cross" reciting: "Spectacles, Testicles, Wallet and Comb."

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
An old Case pocket knife and Gen4 G19! These two items can get me home no matter where I am, when the SHTF!
Schrade pocket knife, g19 g4 on body, g22 g3 in the pack

·
Registered
63 Posts
My edc allows for being able to scrounge ammo

1. 20 on my person 6 mags, 1 in gun 2 on belt 3 in messenger bag 91 rounds of a variety of 10 mm in mags with colored base plates.
2. 1911 5" 45 acp in messenger bag 6 mags 43 rnds.
3. Soon to add g26 as on person bug
4. Gerber tool in bag
5. Leatherman on belt, the original
6. Swiss army knife camper ( I think ) in bag
7. A real Barlow knife in pocket
8. Samsung note five
9. Two bottles of water in bag with 3 to 4 candy, food bars and/or granola.
10. Gum or mints in pocket
11. Gerber tanto on belt
12. A couple dollars and a debit card. Hardly ever any change unless I receive it during the day.
13. Personal meds
14. Two of those small packaged rain ponches in bag
15. Silver emergency blankets in bag.

And some other stuff
My person and bag are arranged so I can fight/survive without the bag

A buddy has a loaded battle belt in his car...

Please be safe
Joethebear

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Currently, a Glock 19 with a extra mag, wallet, LEO credintials, Benchmade folding knife, cell phone, and car keys.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
The one thing that concerns me in a true SHTF scenario is that most likely cell phones and ATMs will most likely be useless. I try to keep cash at home but almost never carry cash with me on a regular basis. A natural disaster or man-made event that takes out electricity over a relatively wide area is going to cause a lot of havoc here in the United States. We have become way too dependent on the things we take for granted today. Refrigerators, grocery stores, ATMs, fast food, etc.. Take away those types of things and I think things will get pretty ugly, really quick. Water, dry/canned foods, etc will be as important as what gun you carry, or what pocket knife you have. I am far from a "prepper" but I have turned my focus from how many firearms I can buy (although I typically won't pass up a good deal) to making sure I have other things like training, ammo, food, water, shelter, security..

·
Registered
337 Posts
The one thing that concerns me in a true SHTF scenario is that most likely cell phones and ATMs will most likely be useless. I try to keep cash at home but almost never carry cash with me on a regular basis. A natural disaster or man-made event that takes out electricity over a relatively wide area is going to cause a lot of havoc here in the United States. We have become way too dependent on the things we take for granted today. Refrigerators, grocery stores, ATMs, fast food, etc.. Take away those types of things and I think things will get pretty ugly, really quick. Water, dry/canned foods, etc will be as important as what gun you carry, or what pocket knife you have. I am far from a "prepper" but I have turned my focus from how many firearms I can buy (although I typically won't pass up a good deal) to making sure I have other things like training, ammo, food, water, shelter, security..
Agreed. I used to spend all disposable cash on guns and ammo, but how many guns can a guy carry? I still buy ammo a box or two at a time, each week (doing that for years), but I too have been concentrating on "other" things as well. I have invested in a few good machetes/knives, a good axe, water and some basic medical supplies. You do not want to get an infected wound, without antiseptic. It will kill you.

Oh, and another thing, toilet paper. I have seen guys loose teeth over a roll of toilet paper, when I was in the Marines. I have sold toilet paper for 6 dollars a roll before too. Believe me, this world would grind to a halt if people could not wipe their butts.:p

·
Administrator
6,638 Posts
Water purifier straw, spark striker, compass, a good boy scout is always prepared ... (note to self, add TP to the bag, it will fetch a good sum)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
You mean C rats or K rats?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Marines called that opener for the C rats a John Wayne. I believe it's also known as a P38.
Still have one in my kitchen. Now they make like a 2 inch long one, saw it at the gun show last weekend.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.