Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
72 Posts
As I said before... it might work for a specific individual, but it isn't something that I would want to suggest or promote on a public Glock forum.

I'm surprised that a Certified Glock Armorer would recommend two things that are specifically not approved by Glock.
I never suggest or recommend it, I just say I do it, the reason glock doesn't recommend is because many people go overboard when oiling their gun. I'm sure you know that as well.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think another reason it is not recommended is because most people do not clean their weapon. If you are breaking down your slide and cleaning out the striker pin channel (which takes like 15 more seconds beyond a field strip) when you clean it, it doesn't matter if you dump oil in it. There is no immediate drawback of having a wet lubricant in your striker pin channel, it is the gunk that is attracted to the oil over time. Break your slide down and clean it out every once in a while and you'll be fine. As to why the manual says not to oil it, it is a little bit of a mix of not really needing it and Glock covering their ass. They know an extreme majority of users will not be cleaning their weapon as it should be cleaned, therefore the majority of users would probably begin to experience problems at some point attributed to a dirty striker pin channel. That being said, I do not oil my striker pin channel. I do not see a reason to oil it as there is no metal-to-metal contact in need of lubrication in the striker pin channel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When my gun was new it was of course tight, and didn't have anything rattle around when you'd shake it, but a few hundred round it has something that rattles aroud as if something were loose when you shake it.

From my understanding it's pretty normal for a Glock, and not something to be concerned with, but I was just wondering what it was that cause that noise. Does anyone know?

If a round is chambered the noise goes almost completely away, but you can still hear it a little bit

Thanks,
I hear the rattle from the striker and a noise from the trigger bar if the trigger isnt pushed back the way back. once I re chamber the gun I can hear the rattle from the striker and the end of the trigger bar ? is this normal ?

Jesse

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I dont think there is anything wrong with a film of oil in the fireing pink channel. I always oil it and then wipe out all of it with a cotton shotgun swabbing rod. Just leaves a very smaller amount of shine in their. I dont know maby im totaly wrong but iv got over 1000 rounds through a 27 and no problems, missfires, stovepipes, jams of any kind what so ever.
"I don't think...". Exactly!!

·
Administrator
6,691 Posts
Kinda makes one wonder what it would be like if all of us were in a room having coffee ....

·
Registered
869 Posts
Kinda makes one wonder what it would be like if all of us were in a room having coffee ....
I’d still be lurking in a dark corner.

·
Administrator
6,691 Posts
Well, FMR, lookit what tha kat drug in ....

Good to see yah Walter !

·
Administrator
3,311 Posts
Not necessarily true. My firing pin assembly is absolutely clean. No grit, oil or grease. And it just does not rattle. But functions normally. Now my G19x rattles like an old ford.
It should rattle, this is one of the function tests Glock armorers are supposed to perform - if it doesn’t rattle, something is off and needs to be checked.

To test - clear the weapon and no magazine. Pull the trigger and hold it to the rear. Shake the gun forward and back (hold it like you were going to shoot it one handed and move your arm like you’re sawing a tree). You should hear the firing pin move (rattle).

When the trigger is held to the rear the firing pin safety is disengaged. So, it is not in place to prevent the pin from moving. Without it, the pin should be free to move. If it doesn’t - the most common cause is a gummed up channel but the concern is the firing pin safety is making contact with the firing pin which would cause damage to it when firing until it eventually fails.

Sometimes the firing pin is in front of the safety and people hear it rattle when not holding the trigger back then when it’s behind the safety they don’t hear the rattle. Both of these scenarios are normal. But to do the test, the trigger has to be held to the rear and one should hear the rattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts