Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the look of a glock with the engraving filled with white, I have tried this with white out but it doesn’t last long. The foam in the case the glock comes in catches on the white out and rips it right out. I have also tried white nail polish O-O bad mistake. It didn’t come off clean resulting in 30min of frantic scrubbing with a copper brush to get it off. And the nail polish remover destroys the finish of the slide. I was interested in the white crayon technique but I’m not sure if it would last. I told this to a buddy of mine and he laughed saying that it would just melt with the heat of firing it.

Please any advice or techniques are welcome and appreciated
:cool:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Ive used crayons on a couple of my Glocks and never had any problems with it melting off. I currently hav red on my G19 and the wife and I have put 300-400 rounds through it and its still there.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
You might also try some white model car paint and some model car paint thinner. Fill the engravings using a fine tipped brush, the use a paper towel with a little thinner and a quick light swipe to remove the excess. That might work too. Anyways, Happy Shootin.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I use oil pastel crayons. Never had any problems at all. It stays in until I want to take it out. Little clp and it comes right out. No biggie

·
Registered
43 Posts
How come no "Sig" certification LOL ? What is "clp?" All I have is an "Extra Class" Amateur Radio License and I'm a CPP (Certified Protection Professional" love credentials myself they're beneficial.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
I know this thread has some age on it and I posted already. It has been bumped up so I will update. I used white fingernail polish on my Glocks over 2 years ago and its still looks like the day I did it with one exception. I left my G30 in my ultrasonic cleaner a little longer than I usually do and it started to take some of the polish off. I touched it up and its like new. Normal wear and tear hasn't had any effect on it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.