Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought my Glock 27 in 1995. Can someone help me determine the Gen version of it? I do not have the manual for it.
Also can it handle +p self defense ammo (I will not use +p for range shooting)?
Thank you all.

P.S. I love this gun and intend to use it as CCW. View attachment 17643 View attachment 17644 View attachment 17643 View attachment 17643 View attachment 17644
2.5 Gen, I have same gun, the .40 is already a +P you wont find +P in .40 is already a nasty round on the receiving end, I used Speer 180gr JHP, most of my guns are in .40 BTW,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rather than posting irrelevant pictures of the outside of your G27, how about taking the barrel out of it and checking for excessive throat or chamber rebate! There is, of course, no such thing as +P 40 S&W; however, there is such a thing as high chamber (or 'peak ignition') pressure 40 caliber ammo. (If you reload, AA #5 powder is notorious for producing high ignition pressures!)

You might want to see how much of a chamber rebate you have to deal with on that 40 cal. Glock. Back in 1995 Glock pistols were notorious for having 'very generous' throats on their barrels. Like these:

(Which, speaking personally, would make me think twice about firing off any 'full house' ammo!) :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
3,093 Posts
The OPs first specific question was “what generation” - that would make the photos not only relevant but necessary.

I can’t really determine the relevance of your response to the questions asked as I’m not sure what you are trying to suggest. Are you asserting that the op should be concerned about chamber expansion on a Glock from .40 S&W???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 23 of 23 Posts