Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my Glock 27 in 1995. Can someone help me determine the Gen version of it? I do not have the manual for it.
Also can it handle +p self defense ammo (I will not use +p for range shooting)?
Thank you all.

P.S. I love this gun and intend to use it as CCW.
Glock 27 Pic1.jpg
Glock 27 Pic2.jpg
Glock 27 Pic1.jpg
Glock 27 Pic1.jpg
Glock 27 Pic2.jpg

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Can you post a pic?

Reactions: Joe Friday 714

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I don't believe there are +p.40 Sheitz und Weazel.
Buffalo Bore sells it but I believe most that shoot it regularly use aftermarket barrels.

Gaz

·
Registered
6,238 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
You’ve got a awesome Gen2.5. It has the Gen2 texture but with finger grooves. Not a lot of them out there.

Most gun manufacturers, including Glock, support SAAMI - the organization that sets standards for ammo. SAAMI does not define a .40 S&W +P so technically there is no such thing. If an ammo manufacturing claims it, they made it up themselves and it could be something very different from another manufacturer using the same +P.

I personally would recommend Federal HST for self defense. You’ll have one of the best rounds available and won’t have to worry about shooting non-standard ammo or any failures it may cause. The LE depts I know that use .40 shoot Gold Dot, another good round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Buffalo bore claims 1300 fps for a 155 gr bullet. That's a couple hundred fps above what I see in my reload manuals. I'll work up to max reloads but never found a need to exceed them.

Gaz.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Are you crazy using a .22 for a CCW weapon?...Why use a 380acp when there are 9mm...use +p if you shoot a inferior rd like a 9mm instead of a 10mm....40 cal is better....I only own a 45cal....if you do not shoot a 50 cal you ain't shooting nothing. LOL...it goes on and on with no end. The fascination with +p over a reg 9mm has always been a mystery to me, and like the examples I gave as with arguments of other calibers....there is no end to the debate of reg or +p.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
I have loaded up Gold Dot in .40 and shot it through some other pistols I have, my Glock 40, (that I purchased many years ago) is still in unfired conditon, not sure why, though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You’ve got a awesome Gen2.5. It has the Gen2 texture but with finger grooves. Not a lot of them out there.

Most gun manufacturers, including Glock, support SAAMI - the organization that sets standards for ammo. SAAMI does not define a .40 S&W +P so technically there is no such thing. If an ammo manufacturing claims it, they made it up themselves and it could be something very different from another manufacturer using the same +P.

I personally would recommend Federal HST for self defense. You’ll have one of the best rounds available and won’t have to worry about shooting non-standard ammo or any failures it may cause. The LE depts I know that use .40 shoot Gold Dot, another good round.

Good eyes MtStream! You beat me to it.

Reactions: MtStream

·
Registered
329 Posts
A guy I work with has one that looks like a Gen 3, but the slide has these "Half Moon" cocking grooves in the slide, instead of the signature Glock strait ones.

I have never seen that before, and it is all "factory" too.

·
Super Moderator
3,058 Posts
A guy I work with has one that looks like a Gen 3, but the slide has these "Half Moon" cocking grooves in the slide, instead of the signature Glock strait ones.

I have never seen that before, and it is all "factory" too.
It should be what’s called an RTF2 w/fish gills. RTF2 was a rough texture frame that Glock tried but wasn’t popular at the time (it tears clothes up when carried). Some distributors have done exclusives with RTF2 frames and Glock re-released a limited number of G17 and 19 RTF2 a couple years ago. The re-released 17 had fish gills on the slide but the 19 did not.

If your friend has an RTF2 w/fish gills G27 it’s pretty rare. I don’t know the numbers but there weren’t a lot of 27s made. The G22 RTF2 is common but not the 27.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts