Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought my Glock 27 in 1995. Can someone help me determine the Gen version of it? I do not have the manual for it.
Also can it handle +p self defense ammo (I will not use +p for range shooting)?
Thank you all.

P.S. I love this gun and intend to use it as CCW.
Wood Household hardware Rectangle Everyday carry Auto part
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Can you post a pic?

Reactions: Joe Friday 714

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I don't believe there are +p.40 Sheitz und Weazel.
Buffalo Bore sells it but I believe most that shoot it regularly use aftermarket barrels.

Gaz

·
Registered
6,275 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,093 Posts
You’ve got a awesome Gen2.5. It has the Gen2 texture but with finger grooves. Not a lot of them out there.

Most gun manufacturers, including Glock, support SAAMI - the organization that sets standards for ammo. SAAMI does not define a .40 S&W +P so technically there is no such thing. If an ammo manufacturing claims it, they made it up themselves and it could be something very different from another manufacturer using the same +P.

I personally would recommend Federal HST for self defense. You’ll have one of the best rounds available and won’t have to worry about shooting non-standard ammo or any failures it may cause. The LE depts I know that use .40 shoot Gold Dot, another good round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Buffalo bore claims 1300 fps for a 155 gr bullet. That's a couple hundred fps above what I see in my reload manuals. I'll work up to max reloads but never found a need to exceed them.

Gaz.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Are you crazy using a .22 for a CCW weapon?...Why use a 380acp when there are 9mm...use +p if you shoot a inferior rd like a 9mm instead of a 10mm....40 cal is better....I only own a 45cal....if you do not shoot a 50 cal you ain't shooting nothing. LOL...it goes on and on with no end. The fascination with +p over a reg 9mm has always been a mystery to me, and like the examples I gave as with arguments of other calibers....there is no end to the debate of reg or +p.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
I have loaded up Gold Dot in .40 and shot it through some other pistols I have, my Glock 40, (that I purchased many years ago) is still in unfired conditon, not sure why, though.

·
Registered
329 Posts
You’ve got a awesome Gen2.5. It has the Gen2 texture but with finger grooves. Not a lot of them out there.

Most gun manufacturers, including Glock, support SAAMI - the organization that sets standards for ammo. SAAMI does not define a .40 S&W +P so technically there is no such thing. If an ammo manufacturing claims it, they made it up themselves and it could be something very different from another manufacturer using the same +P.

I personally would recommend Federal HST for self defense. You’ll have one of the best rounds available and won’t have to worry about shooting non-standard ammo or any failures it may cause. The LE depts I know that use .40 shoot Gold Dot, another good round.

Good eyes MtStream! You beat me to it.

Reactions: MtStream

·
Registered
329 Posts
A guy I work with has one that looks like a Gen 3, but the slide has these "Half Moon" cocking grooves in the slide, instead of the signature Glock strait ones.

I have never seen that before, and it is all "factory" too.

·
Super Moderator
3,093 Posts
A guy I work with has one that looks like a Gen 3, but the slide has these "Half Moon" cocking grooves in the slide, instead of the signature Glock strait ones.

I have never seen that before, and it is all "factory" too.
It should be what’s called an RTF2 w/fish gills. RTF2 was a rough texture frame that Glock tried but wasn’t popular at the time (it tears clothes up when carried). Some distributors have done exclusives with RTF2 frames and Glock re-released a limited number of G17 and 19 RTF2 a couple years ago. The re-released 17 had fish gills on the slide but the 19 did not.

If your friend has an RTF2 w/fish gills G27 it’s pretty rare. I don’t know the numbers but there weren’t a lot of 27s made. The G22 RTF2 is common but not the 27.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Glad to see you posting again Walt !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts