Glock Pro Forums banner

What Does A Glock Costs ?

121K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  MtStream 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
The local shop where I bought my G19, gen 3 in July of 2010 was selling them for $588 and the last time I looked his price was about the same. The gunsmith is a Glock Armorer, his sales associate is a Wealth of knowledge, and they give a life-time warranty to the purchaser of a new Glock. By the time you add the FFL fee and shipping fee to the discount sale vender's price you can support the local gunsmith/gun shop for only a few (literally) dollars more. I also have a different shop with a certified Sig armorer for my Sig needs.

#5 ·
I pay around $425.00 - $450.00 out the door for most standard model GLOCKs. The key is to find a good local dealer (if you can) and buy lots of guns from them on a regular basis. Stay away from the big box stores that sell gun. They have to pay for that large building, electricity, man-power etc.. I personally do not buy online, as I want to see and touch the firearm before I make a purchase. I know people that buy online all the time and have never had an issue.

#6 ·
I know of where you can get one right now for $450! ;)

Seriously, typically, your most competitive gun stores are averaging around 10-15% mark-up...for a standard Glock, that comes to around $425-450. They used to cost much more, but everyone in the business started to realize more is better!

They cost Glock around $37.00 to make, BTW!

#17 ·
I know of where you can get one right now for $450! ;)

Seriously, typically, your most competitive gun stores are averaging around 10-15% mark-up...for a standard Glock, that comes to around $425-450. They used to cost much more, but everyone in the business started to realize more is better!

They cost Glock around $37.00 to make, BTW!
Yup, about $37.00 and a reciever only takes about 80 seconds to make! That is a great profit margin :)

#7 ·
I agree with finding a good local dealer. I looked at all the online prices, then went to my LGS. They were actually $10 cheaper than the best online deal, and I got to touch/feel/look at it before purchase, and didn't have to pay shipping or transfer fees. All in all a great cost and experience. $538.00 for a G4 26, minus $100 glock military discount. :)

#8 ·
Here is a good example of getting to know your local Gun Store and becoming a "regular" with them. I've been looking at the FNS-9 recently, and I've seen retail prices around $560 to $599.99 + tax (and transfer /shipping fee if shipped). My local gun store has one in stock, with three 17 round mags (standard) which he will sell me for $500.00 out the door.

#12 ·
The FNS-9 is a fine piece. A nice shooter and great carry pistol. I'm a fan of FNH firearms as they are top quality. So as not to hijack, I pay blue label price for my Glocks. Typically ~$450 give or take.... Had to pay a little more for the 30 as they didn't have any blue labels available in that model.

#13 ·
I saw this thread got bumped back up so I thought I would chime in again. We had a new Gander Mountain store open up last month in my area. They have a huge selection of all kinds of guns. If you aren't familiar with them, they are like a Walmart of outdoor sporting goods except for the everyday low prices. They were selling Gen 3 Glocks for $575 to $625. I saw some Gen4s for $650. I looked at a G20SF and it was marked $575. I went by one of my favorite LGS about a day or two later and saw the same gun brand new for $459.00. The crazy thing about it is people were standing in line to get a spot at the counter at GM to get there hands on those overpriced guns. I just kept shaking my head and thinking that there are suckers born everyday and I am in the middle of a hord of them.

#14 · (Edited)
Most people who have never dealt with purchasing a firearm will go to a big box store to see a wide selection and pay out the wazoo for them. Gander Mountain prices are expensive just like Bass Pro/Outdoor world and a lot of those firearms are old stock in some cases. I have two LGS I go to. One uses a distributor I can purchase from and have it sent to him and the other store carries the nice one offs or rare found firearms, some new, some used trade ins. It's best to always find a LGS that is in the business because its what they love to do, not because its a business for strictly making money.

As for Glock prices, the Gen3s were around $450-$460 BNIB on sale, but they have since returned to about $499. Gen4s hover at $539-$560 it seems, but if you hunt online, you can get them for about $499 before shipping or FFL fees.

#18 ·
I think we also must make a distinction between what the going price is and what someone is willing to pay. If the going price is $500. And it’s the must have hard to find gun for someone, then a $600. Price tag to them may seem a bargain

#20 ·
Join GSSF and you can get Blue Lable Discount prices too. You need to join up for 2+ years so you'll get the Purchase Card but it's only $60 and that gives you a lot of cool benefits like being able to take the Armour's course, free work by a Certified Armour at the GSSF Shoots and you can Shoot in their competitions as well. Plus you get the "Auto Pistol" magazine each year. Prices for the Standard guns(9x19mm, 40S&W and 357Sig in sub-compact, compact or full size) start at $425 of course you have to add tax and fees for background check. Still, I picked up a brand spankin' new G26 in 2010 with 3 mags, Gen 4 for just under $480 out the door from my local GSSF Supporting Dealer. Why anyone would pay $500 plus for a used Glock is beyond me, I'd much rather get a new one for less and support GSSF with my $30/year membership dues.

#24 ·
I just bought a Blue Label 43X. My local dealer (Oklahoma City) was willing to sell me a BL 43X for $385.00 plus local tax. I contacted GT Distributing in TX and their price was $358.00 plus $20.00 shipping. Once it arrived at a local dealer, there was a $10.00 4473 transfer fee.

Overall I saved about $40.00 by not having to pay local taxes.

#28 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.