Glock Pro Forums banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts
Ask yourself, why you bought it, and answer them with that answer....
Excellent advice. I keep it strictly secret, but if someone did notice and asked, I know exactly why I bought it:

"I'm armed because these days criminals are armed."

Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

No big secret that I own firearms. The most often asked question is "why do you need so many?" I always answer that it's not a matter of need, it's what I want. You collect what you want, this is my collection.

I quit trying years ago to explain to people why I do what I do, some will never understand. I now just say it works for me. Tell them you are a "sheepdog." and start barking and walk away. :)

The reason I carry - Because I feel responsible for the safety of the people around me, especially my family. The consequences of losing a physical confrontation are too great.

The reason I own firearms - I enjoy marksmanship. It's the same feeling some guys get about classic cars. I don't hunt but I have always really enjoyed developing marksmanship skills.

It's my God Given Right to protect myself and my family. Given that I don't want to use an inferior "tool" to do the job like a baseball bat or kitchen knife, I want the best that I can get because my family's life and my life deserves it. Until they come out with Phasers that I can put on Heavy Stun a quality handgun with good Hollow Point ammo is still one of the better choices that I can have.
I think THIS will be my new answer... (Because 'Phasers set to stun' haven't been invented yet!)

Thanks!

I enjoy shooting and work at being the best I can be. I understand and respect their apprehension of fiearms and hope I'm near by if they are ever in the unfortunate need of someone that can use one.

Also I don't let people I just meet know that I shoot unless they bring up the subject.
That I carry is info for like minded people only.

That I carry is info for like minded people only.
Picture this :

Your onna island that is 3 miles wide and 30 somethin' miles long.

There are cc permits and there are criminals and of course there are LE and their components, ie : school security/hospital security/private business security, all carrying a rod or two or three.

No matter what the "crowd" I just assume everyone is packin ....

The question I get asked is "why do you need so many?" It's not a matter of "need", it's cause I want them. I tell them I'm an avid shooter, I shoot competitions and I even carry one to protect myself. If it's a woman asking the question, I usually let the educated donkey in me come out and ask them why they have so many pairs of shoes.

So I was curious about what you tell someone or maybe discussions you have had about why you bought a firearm?

I am getting a lot of flak from people who are not familiar with firearms and against my purchase (too bad for them) and just don't understand why someone would buy a gun.

What do you guys say to someone who is afraid of firearms?
Just tell them that there is a lot of evil in the world. Your handgun is the equalizer.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.