Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what temperature you guys or gals consider hot. I work at a silicon metal plant and Im a furnace operator. Up on the deck where I work its typically 250-300 degrees F. Does anybody else work in a hot area?

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
NO. Outside I start feeling it anytime the temp is above say mid 90s. I was a heat casualty in the Army before and I just can't stand the heat too much anymore. But I have been deployed to places where the average temp of a day was well over 100f. The one place (rain forest) satyed around 110 of a day. Likewise, I have been sent to very cold places. One place I was at got down to around -70f of a night. I actually hated that place a little bit less than the heat though.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
NO. Outside I start feeling it anytime the temp is above say mid 90s. I was a heat casualty in the Army before and I just can't stand the heat too much anymore. But I have been deployed to places where the average temp of a day was well over 100f. The one place (rain forest) satyed around 110 of a day. Likewise, I have been sent to very cold places. One place I was at got down to around -70f of a night. I actually hated that place a little bit less than the heat though.
I know what you mean. I would rather be cold than hot. Its easier to get yourself warm than it is to make yourself cold.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Well its no where near what you put up with, but I'm in the shop at bowling alley and its 100 back here, and if your working on one of the machines its easily 120

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have water cooled pipes that run inside the furnace some of which are flexible hoses. If one of those bust we have to shut the furnace down and get in the furnace to replace the hoses or hoses. Its easily over 300 degrees in the furnace. And thats with the doors open and fans blowing.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Wow, maybe my job with all it's mandatory overtime isn't so bad afterall. How often do you get a break? A person can't take that kind of heat very long

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I work about 20-30 minutes out of an hour then I usually get 30-40 minutes of break time. Sometimes less sometimes more, just depends on the furnace conditions. Well its not really considered a break. Im still working, but I sit in a control room and monitor electrical paramiters on 2 computer monitors.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
I work outside in where it is frequently 95-105 and it feels pretty hot. I was in Iraq for 2005 and the hottest I remember it getting up to was 144 in the sun and it was 132 in the shade that day. My dad once asked me during a call home what the heat felt like, I told me it felt like you were in a hot oven while blasting yourself with a heat gun. It caused a good chuckle. Now thanks to that time I spent in Iraq, I cant stand the cold for crap. Gets into the lowest 60's on down and Im like, wheres the dang heat at!

·
Administrator
7,045 Posts
Just curious what temperature you guys or gals consider hot. I work at a silicon metal plant and Im a furnace operator. Up on the deck where I work its typically 250-300 degrees F. Does anybody else work in a hot area?
Wow, that's hot!

I doubt anyone can top that!

I life in Florida where is usually in the high 90's and very humid... but nothing like that...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.