Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
there's numerous threads about DT ammo falling up to several hundred FPS short of it's claimed velocities. i'm on another forum where the owner of DT is a mod (10mmtalk), and he hasn't been on in a couple years to explain why his ammo isn't reaching it's claimed velocities, or why he's also been substituting crappy montana gold JHP's for gold dots without telling people, and still charging the same money for it. he only recently took "gold dot" off his box labels, and off his website after 2 years (and a bunch of pissed off customers LOL)

dr. roberts has tested various DT ammo, and found it to be no more effective than anything else despite it's high pressure (and extra cost).

plus, noslers usually shatter when they hit anything and penetration is often compromised as a result. VERY old jhp technology. you'll be better off getting some HST/gold dot 40cal from ammunitiontogo.com or sgammo.com (save money too) :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I would and have upgraded the .40 to .357 sig with a barrel change.
It works to stop the bad guy. Never happy with the .40's. Cops went to it after the Miami shoot out and the FBI got its butt handed to them by two bad guys.
The original .40 was the 10 mm. But the smith guns fell apart and the recoil was too much for the FBI to handle.
Only Glocks stand up to the 10 mm. And most people can handle the recoil.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so i bought 100 rounds of 180gr HST on sgammo.com it sucks because in February i will no longer be able to order ammo online and this stuff is hard to find in stores i well probably order more be for then cant believe that law past

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
In California as of February no one will be able to order ammo online and when u by ammo you will have to give your finger print and give my name and address and they keep it up to five years. as of now u cant order ammo online and send to LA San Fran or Oakland which i understand i live so far north almost in Oregon the town i live in has a pop of 13,000 vary small so i think the law is bull shit so the ammo that's hard to find i cant order anymore and im not rich so i cant stock pile before Feb i mean i do have a lot of ammo just the specialty ammo i guess i will be going to Nevada and Oregon

·
Registered
128 Posts
Move to a Gun Friendly State/City/County...

In California as of February no one will be able to order ammo online and when u by ammo you will have to give your finger print and give my name and address and they keep it up to five years. as of now u cant order ammo online and send to LA San Fran or Oakland which i understand i live so far north almost in Oregon the town i live in has a pop of 13,000 vary small so i think the law is bull shit so the ammo that's hard to find i cant order anymore and im not rich so i cant stock pile before Feb i mean i do have a lot of ammo just the specialty ammo i guess i will be going to Nevada and Oregon
:)A lot of people leave the Crazy States and let them go 100% bad and broke.

The left is what has caused all our problems.

But Americans do not act until almost to late! :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love it here other than the gun laws i do have my CCW so its not that crazy the still let us pack guns at least up hear anything below Sacramento i wish would fall off into the ocean ok even Sacramento they have talked about splitting the state so we can have are own laws because its so different there's no big cities the cows out number the people

·
Administrator
6,979 Posts
Holy smokes!

I'm surprised the NRA isn't going wild over this... That's just crazy...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.