Glock Pro Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Today I had to term a lady who’d worked for us about a week when her drug screen came back positive.

I explained that her offer letter stated her employment was dependent upon a clean drug screening. She apologized and said “It was just one time and If I’d known it would make me fail the test I wouldn’t have taken the job”

I underst . . . Wait, what?

I’m sure I learned something today, I’m just not sure what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,215 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,945 Posts
I had to readthat twice... Not what you would expect her to say...

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I had 3 stories of A frame scaffolding set up on a house doing some repairs and one day a guy walking by stops and asks if I needed help. I did and asked him a few general construction questions and how long he wanted to work.

His reply was, "no man I don't want a job, I just wanna work enough to pay for a bag of weed"

I almost hired him cause of his honesty ....

·
Super Moderator
6,945 Posts
Wow!

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
It’s been a surreal week. I met with a doctor who told me she was thinking about leaving her practice to be a full time mom. I support that.

She went on to explain that she is realizing how stressful things are for her son and she just feels she probably needs to be available to care for him full time for the next few years. - I nodded my head.

“Cause, you know, college can be a very stressful time”

The face mask was not enough to hide my expression or keep me from saying more than I should have.

She tried to justify it by telling me her niece calls home from college every day at 3am so her mom can calm her down and help her get prepared for her day.

I’m pretty sure I learned what’s wrong with America today.

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
And then they vote !

·
Super Moderator
6,945 Posts
Neither of them will ever grow up....

·
Registered
6,215 Posts

Reactions: glocktoter

·
Super Moderator
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Today I learned that no matter how good you used to be, practice still matters?

I think that was a great way to say “I sucked big time at my first indoor GSSF in over a year”

21 - 31 of 31 Posts