Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What competitions do you shoot, if any?

I shoot GSSF along with a couple of shooting buddies and a few guys from SO. The guys from the SO also occasionally shoot in a charity match or matches put together by other agencies.

I sometimes shoot in modified PPC matches at my local shooting club. Haven't ever shot an IPSC match, but it looks like it would be fun. I have shot in one IDPA match, but was a bit turned off to it by this particular club. I may try again with some other club at some point.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I'll be shooting my first GSSF match next weekend... with you and Vol. LOL

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Well, my warm-up will be the AM Competition with the G19c and then I will shoot the AM Civilian with the Gen 4 G19. My issue is that I can't get to the range again before next weekend, so I'll be shooting the 19c for the first time there. LOL That's why it's my warm-up round so who cares. I'll do my best. I've got to work on my low left shots though. I'll be aiming upper right if I get a chance to practice. :)

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, my warm-up will be the AM Competition with the G19c and then I will shoot the AM Civilian with the Gen 4 G19. My issue is that I can't get to the range again before next weekend, so I'll be shooting the 19c for the first time there. LOL That's why it's my warm-up round so who cares. I'll do my best. I've got to work on my low left shots though. I'll be aiming upper right if I get a chance to practice. :)
Sounds like a good plan. I had considered shooting my 19 in Am Comp, but I feel I will be more competative in the Am SubCom. I am mainly shooting to beat my previous times, and to beat Dave from NC of course. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
GSSF, three gun and four gun

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
IDPA here. I just did my first match. I'll stick with it for a while.

Will try to do some USPSA/IPSC but only when I have more time and $$. There seems to be a whole lot more rounds fired in a match and I don't have enough magazine pouches yet. 2 pouches in an IDPA match is enough for me.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
What competitions do you shoot, if any?

<snip> Haven't ever shot an IPSC match, but it looks like it would be fun. I have shot in one IDPA match, but was a bit turned off to it by this particular club. I may try again with some other club at some point.
What happened with the IDPA match that didn't work for you? Just curious since I'm new to competitive shooting.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What happened with the IDPA match that didn't work for you? Just curious since I'm new to competitive shooting.
It was several things. I read up on the rules before the match and read that a peace officer shoot with their duty gear. That caused some discussion when I first got ready to shoot. I had to point it out to them in their own rules, and it wasn't like a triple retention holster and mag pouches with snap covers gave me any sort of an advantage whatsover.

The other big issue was the match director's interpretation of "tactical order". He beleived that you should always shoot the closest target first even if that meant exposing yourself to threat targets to do so. That is just bass ackwards. You should use geometric progression (cutting the pie) around cover and shoot threat targets as they come into view.

Finally, the attitude of this group was just odd.

It's not just me though. I know several other people that have attended matches and come away with similar stories. They are the primary IDPA group in this area.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
IDPA here. I just did my first match. I'll stick with it for a while.

Will try to do some USPSA/IPSC but only when I have more time and $$. There seems to be a whole lot more rounds fired in a match and I don't have enough magazine pouches yet. 2 pouches in an IDPA match is enough for me.
yea you need atleast 5 magazines to be competetive in uspsa. i went with three and did ok in some stages and then got a horrible score that equalled bassically zero in others where i ran out of ammo and left multiple targets up that counted as -10 for each one. but now ive got more mags and this saturday ill give it another whirl.

also im sticking with my velcro pouches for my mags no matter how much a dissadvantage it may be. those open loosely seated mag pouches they all use will not work in real life. if i can get in the top half of the feild ill be happy for this weekend.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
GSSF for now but hoping to start IDPA soon. I will let you know where I am looking at via e-mail. I found two outdoor matches locally that shoot once monthly on Sundays ... different days too so we could possibly hit them both.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
GSSF for now but hoping to start IDPA soon. I will let you know where I am looking at via e-mail. I found two outdoor matches locally that shoot once monthly on Sundays ... different days too so we could possibly hit them both.
Sounds good. I'd like to try the IDPA qualifier at least even if I don't get into shooting the matches.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
what does GSSF do in terms of basic round counts per stage and situations generally in there comps?
The Glock-M and the Five-to-Glock are each 30 rounds each. You do each three times with with 10 rounds each string. You do the plates four times with a max load of 10+1, but there are only six plates.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.