Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been waiting for weeks for the Palm Beach Gun Show. :)

I had a pocket full of cash and it was burning a hole in my pocket. :rolleyes:

I won't bore you with all the details, but I almost bought a Bushmaster AR...... but my Arsenal AK is just perfect and I've got tons of ammo, so why do I need an AR? Put it down and walked away. :(

I like the PPS for pocket carry and I looked at a few.... but my G26 is just perfect and it's probably a lot more reliable than the PPS. Put it down and walked away.

An M&P AR15 with sights was really nice..... whoa. We already went through this one. :confused:

And that's how my day went. I really don't NEED anything. So, I bought a meatball sandwich and went home. But don't be sad. There's more to the story.

I logged on the computer and bought a LWD G34 slide and all the internals. Then I went to Ameriglo and bought sights. Altogether it came to $400 with S/H. That was a whole lot less than what I set out to spend. Now, I have to wait for delivery.

PS... there was one heavily used G34 at the show. That's it. One beater. I'll post pics when I get the top end put together on my G17 frame.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not bad. Like my Mom always says.."He who waits.. smiles.:)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Yeah, good job on waiting. We have so many gin shows here in GA that they aren't deals anymore like they used to be. I don't even waste my time going anymore.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah, good job on waiting. We have so many gin shows here in GA that they aren't deals anymore like they used to be. I don't even waste my time going anymore.
Same deal here in CT. I remember the big gun shows they use to have at the National Guard bldg near my house. It was like going to Disney. They had everything and you always came home with something. The shows eventually dwindled down as the laws stiffened during the Clinton years to the point where they would only allow antique guns and military stuff. The Govenor ultimately put them out of their misery by banning them completly. Sometimes I miss those days if not for anything but the atmosphere. Now I spend all my free gun-time shooting my Glocks or posting on these boards. Maybe just as fun?

Funny how you get into the Glock, nothing else intrest you anymore. I honestly can't say any other gun has done that to me before.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm planning to go to a show next month, but only want to buy some Georgia Arms reloads. I think I've got my arsenal pretty much complete. Well, except for an AR-15. :) Also need to fondle some of new Gen 4s. Geez! It never ends!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I've been waiting for weeks for the Palm Beach Gun Show. :)

I had a pocket full of cash and it was burning a hole in my pocket. :rolleyes:

I won't bore you with all the details, but I almost bought a Bushmaster AR...... but my Arsenal AK is just perfect and I've got tons of ammo, so why do I need an AR? Put it down and walked away. :(

I like the PPS for pocket carry and I looked at a few.... but my G26 is just perfect and it's probably a lot more reliable than the PPS. Put it down and walked away.

An M&P AR15 with sights was really nice..... whoa. We already went through this one. :confused:

And that's how my day went. I really don't NEED anything. So, I bought a meatball sandwich and went home. But don't be sad. There's more to the story.

I logged on the computer and bought a LWD G34 slide and all the internals. Then I went to Ameriglo and bought sights. Altogether it came to $400 with S/H. That was a whole lot less than what I set out to spend. Now, I have to wait for delivery.

PS... there was one heavily used G34 at the show. That's it. One beater. I'll post pics when I get the top end put together on my G17 frame.
Have not had a pocket full of cash since I retired from the USArmy. Well, none that my wife knows about!

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Sounds like you made a good deal, Ted...

I'm itching for a G34 myself...

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I'm planning to go to a show next month, but only want to buy some Georgia Arms reloads. I think I've got my arsenal pretty much complete. Well, except for an AR-15. :) Also need to fondle some of new Gen 4s. Geez! It never ends!
That's the truth!

I'm itching for a 4th gen G34... should be out soon...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Got a show coming up here the first of Dec. If nothing else I will go to look around some before heading off to the mill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.