Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, woke up all bright and early and the wife and I headed to the gun show. I was going in hopes of finding the 2 guns that have eluded me for a while now. first being the kel-tec PMR-30 and the second being an EAA witness elite match 10mm. Unfortunately I was unsucessfull in finding either of them but the wife found her a sig that she fell in love with and ofcourse bought...anyone else have the problem of their wife spending more money at gun stores/shows than you do?

heres a pic of her new Sig Mosquito

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
197 Posts
Feel lucky you have a wife that likes guns! My wife tolerates my gun "hobby", but could care less about them! I'm assuming you went to the Dixie Gun & Knife show? Pretty good crowd. Almost too many people! Could barely walk down some of the aisles!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it was pretty crowded, we got there at 9:20 and there was already a line of atleast 100 ppl there. And yeah I do count myself lucky, only complaint is there isnt always enough of that green stuff to feed both out hobbies lol

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no other hobby, was talking bout us both being addicted to guns and not having enough green to feed both

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Don't that just stink when there is a particular gun you NEED, just have to have, and can't find it anywhere.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah and it seems that im not getting either of them anytime soon, the pmr-30 has a waiting list that extends into next year and the witness elite takes 3 months to get (unless you can find one in a store) since they are hand built in a custom shop.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Went to a gun show in Tampa a week ago and the place was packed... People shopping for Christmas... or, maybe guns are just getting more popular...

Ran into a guy selling off three Colt 1911's from his collection... couple of nice, full size all-steel 1970 models he was selling for $800 each. My buddy almost bought one, but we didn't know enough about old Colt 1911 pistols to make an offer.

Anyway... Cool that your wife got a nice gun, 99gsspyder!

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
There are a couple of PMRs currently on gun broker. Funny thing is one of the guns I want but can't find anywhere is also a Kel-tec. LOL

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There are a couple of PMRs currently on gun broker. Funny thing is one of the guns I want but can't find anywhere is also a Kel-tec. LOL
yeah they are such a small company that they cant keep up with demand, and I would get one of GB but last I recall they require a credit card to sign up and I dont have one thank goodness.

·
Registered
252 Posts
anyone else have the problem of their wife spending more money at gun stores/shows than you do?
Nope, I love the fact that mine loves shooting almost as much as i do. She likes some rather "off the wall" pieces sometimes, but hey, I get to shoot them too, so I let it slide.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nope, I love the fact that mine loves shooting almost as much as i do. She likes some rather "off the wall" pieces sometimes, but hey, I get to shoot them too, so I let it slide.
Never said that I didnt like that she likes guns and shooting, just that it kills me when she walks away from a gun store with a nice plastic case and im left scratching my head wondering where mine is lol.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Never said that I didnt like that she likes guns and shooting, just that it kills me when she walks away from a gun store with a nice plastic case and im left scratching my head wondering where mine is lol.
LOL that is funny my wife so far is very happy with a gun that I built for her. She hasn't wanted another one for awhile. I however, cannot say the same.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I think mine is happy for now atleast, until she sees another gun she likes anyway lol.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
i laughed when i figured out where "grapes, nc" was
Yeah, that went right over my head too! Until I saw MacA's post about the Dixie Gun & Knife show. He's from "grapes, nc" also! LOL!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah I did that hopeing to get a few laughs out of you guys

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.