Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So any thoughts on the the 26??? She likes the feel of the 23 which my brother in law has so the 19 would be great. But was thinking of getting the 26 for a 2fer gun she can shoot it and carry it from time to time but then I could use it as well. Thanks for the imput

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
G26 is a good gun. I have one and my wife loves to shoot it. Fits her hands perfect with the +2 extension.

·
Registered
918 Posts
The G26 and the G19 are both really good guns. It's GLOCK so accuracy and reliability will definitely be there. The G23 and the G19 have the same frame, so she might like the 19 just as much. I recommend going to a local gun range that you can rent them to shoot and see how they feel; you can also find a friend that has one or both and shoot it. That's the best way to find her/your comfort level. They both are really good guns. The G26 is easier to conceal, for the the simple fact that it's smaller, in a purse or in a small space, etc...

G23

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Why not go to a range that rents them and let her try it for herself. Let her decide on her gun.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Why not go to a range that rents them and let her try it for herself. Let her decide on her gun.
because when you don't let her and she does not end up liking it ... you inherit another Glock. :p

·
Registered
551 Posts
What I see a lot is people buying the 26 because its small and easy to conceal. Remember the grip is the hardest part to conceal. With a proper holster and attire you can conceal a 10 inch barrel.

So that being said why would we limit the barrel length of the pistol, then add grip extensions to the grip of a g26 that makes the grip just as long as the 19? even if your adding plus 2 extensions your still dealing with aftermarket parts and an unnecessary reduction in barrel length.

So un less she cant shoot the 26 without grip extensions i would recommend having her shoot the 19 and see if that will work for her.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
because when you don't let her and she does not end up liking it ... you inherit another Glock. :p
Good point I knew I had been doing something wrong. Now I see the light

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
What I see a lot is people buying the 26 because its small and easy to conceal. Remember the grip is the hardest part to conceal. With a proper holster and attire you can conceal a 10 inch barrel.

So that being said why would we limit the barrel length of the pistol, then add grip extensions to the grip of a g26 that makes the grip just as long as the 19? even if your adding plus 2 extensions your still dealing with aftermarket parts and an unnecessary reduction in barrel length.

So un less she cant shoot the 26 without grip extensions i would recommend having her shoot the 19 and see if that will work for her.
Very good advise. Not too mention the better balistics that can be achieved with the little bitt longer barrel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.