Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TEAR DROP EXTENDED MAGAZINE RELEASE
$34.95

I loved this until today. The only issue was that you can anciently drop your mag because this
sticks out so far but that is mainly a training issue that can be dealt with.

Today my G26 dropped to the floor on the mag release button and when I picked it up found that I had a paperweight
as the mag release was not retaining the mag any longer. If I were in a gun fight this would have killed me.

I soon discovered that the issue was poor design/poor materials.
When you stick a release this far out you also can put tremendous forces on the release plastic via the straight spring in the handle.
The only way I can see to fix the problem would be to make the release out of metal or a better plastic. The stock
Glock part is substandard for this application.

Something has to be done as this really could get you killed.

Here is a photo of a stock release and also the destoyed one where the spring ripper through the plastic into the middle channel:

What aggravated me even more was the response from the Glock Store.
They did not seem concerned at all that their product was poorly engineered and failed on me
in a very major way. Their only concern was that the crappy 30 day warranty had expired.
For what this costs to manufacture compared to what they well if for it definitely should have a lifetime warranty.

The fact that this could get you killed and that they are only concerned with having to send me out a new one says a lot
for the type of company that the Glock Store is.

If anyone has a suggestion for a new Glock parts supplier stemming from exceptional customer service, please let me know about that company
and your experiences.

Thanks
Joe in Seymour MO

·
Registered
6,320 Posts
Pretty sure, it is not an item made by Glockstore, just sold by them.

If there was an offer made for an replacement, seems that they did all they can do, for customer satisfaction, short of a refund.

I have never dealt with this vendor so I really have no input based on experience, yet your descriptions meet my guidelines for acceptable customer service.

YMMV

·
Super Moderator
3,154 Posts
I had a couple situations where I was bumped hard (I.e. walk into a door frame) and it was enough to cause the extended mag catch to get depressed. This was a common problem with Gen3 Glocks. The TangoDown Vickers was a little better on Gen3s because it didn’t stick out as far as all the others. If you go to many matches, you’ve probably seen someone launch their mag on the draw because they hit the extended release.

I experimented with Gen4 extended mag catches and liked the factory Glock and TangoDown. They are both more subtle in the Gen4. I eventually decided they didn’t make a significant difference for me and I never became fully comfortable with chance for an extended mag to accidentally be pressed. Except for a dedicated competition gun, I’ve gone back to standard factory across the board.

I would recommend staying away from aluminum, they will eventually damage the mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty sure, it is not an item made by Glockstore, just sold by them.

If there was an offer made for an replacement, seems that they did all they can do, for customer satisfaction, short of a refund.

I have never dealt with this vendor so I really have no input based on experience, yet your descriptions meet my guidelines for acceptable customer service.

YMMV
You don't want to do business with the GlockStore. They did not offer a replacement. They were not at all concerned about their crappy product or that I had been conned into buying a defective product.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had a couple situations where I was bumped hard (I.e. walk into a door frame) and it was enough to cause the extended mag catch to get depressed. This was a common problem with Gen3 Glocks. The TangoDown Vickers was a little better on Gen3s because it didn’t stick out as far as all the others. If you go to many matches, you’ve probably seen someone launch their mag on the draw because they hit the extended release.

I experimented with Gen4 extended mag catches and liked the factory Glock and TangoDown. They are both more subtle in the Gen4. I eventually decided they didn’t make a significant difference for me and I never became fully comfortable with chance for an extended mag to accidentally be pressed. Except for a dedicated competition gun, I’ve gone back to standard factory across the board.

I would recommend staying away from aluminum, they will eventually damage the mags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is not a case of the release getting stuck. This is a case of a channel being ripped in the plastic so that the spring can no longer function. Look at the photo I included.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts