Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, the congrats to VolGrad on his first ever victory over me in a shooting match.

We attended a local IDPA match today, and I have to say that it was the most poorly run match I have ever attended. We were an hour late getting started, and the match bogged down so bad at one point that we caught the squad ahead of us, and after waiting over 30 minutes they still weren't done; so, Vol and I decided to pack it in as did a lot of other shooters. It looked like a mutiny party was forming to depose the match director.

Vol was beating me by three seconds when we packed it in; so, he gets credit for the win.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
:cool:

I'll admit I'm shocked you admitted this openly. Thank you sir for the acknowledgement.

I do have a couple of GSSF runs that are better than a couple of your not-so-good GSSF runs but this is the first head-to-head victory. I will be the first to admit though you are a better shooter than I. There's no arguing that.

The match was pretty awful. The late start combined with them trying to squeeze in DMG stuff with the regular stages/squads was too much to bear. It's bad enough they don't even try to start until after 1pm. There was NO way we were going to finish anyway as it was going to be dark before we even finished stage 5 or 6 out of 8.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
JL, did the GPSTC course mess you up or help you?
On the whole it will help. I just had a horrible run on the first stage and missed several head shots. On one, I broke the shot before I intended to do so. I don't know what happened on the others. Based on the other targets, I think my trigger control was off, but I was so discombobulated that it could have been multiple thing.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm just glad you guys had a chance to get out and shoot. 1.5 feet of snow here in Denver. Had to suffer thru the indoor grinder.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Not sure what the high was but it was very nice outside. I suspect it was mid-fifties. I had on a s/s tee over a l/s tee and my ninja IDPA vest and was comfortable most of the time. In the shade it was a little cool.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
First, the congrats to VolGrad on his first ever victory over me in a shooting match.

We attended a local IDPA match today, and I have to say that it was the most poorly run match I have ever attended. We were an hour late getting started, and the match bogged down so bad at one point that we caught the squad ahead of us, and after waiting over 30 minutes they still weren't done; so, Vol and I decided to pack it in as did a lot of other shooters. It looked like a mutiny party was forming to depose the match director.

Vol was beating me by three seconds when we packed it in; so, he gets credit for the win.
Sorry the match turned out to be such a dud... But at least you got to do some shooting...

Nice shooting, Vol...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I exchanged msgs with the MD on Monday and was basically told the reason it ran long was because we had so many shooters. He chose to ignore any suggestion the match started an hour late, was ran poorly, or any other factors that might have caused issue. He pretty much said there are other places to shoot and he can't have everyone coming back each month ... that's what causes the issue.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
This is the main reason why I don't compete. I really want to but I don't have the time to commit a full day to a match.
Exactly why I didn't start until late last year. This particular monthly match is a good one for "us" as it is easy to get to and is pretty laid back. The stages aren't overly exciting but overall the match was OK. They just have a tendency to start late anyway. This past week was MUCH worse for whatever reason ... nice weather, full moon, who knows?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
That's why I like the GMTSC matches. Thy are laid back and sure, people kid of bend the rules and such but it's fun, cheap and usually has taken about half a day to drive up there, shoot and drive home.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
I exchanged msgs with the MD on Monday and was basically told the reason it ran long was because we had so many shooters. He chose to ignore any suggestion the match started an hour late, was ran poorly, or any other factors that might have caused issue. He pretty much said there are other places to shoot and he can't have everyone coming back each month ... that's what causes the issue.
What a jerk...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Results

Since only 27 of the 60 shooters that started the match finished it's hard to compare scores. Since I wanted to "see how I did" I took the match results and exluded anyone that didn't finish at least the same 4 stages as the Chief and I. I then threw out the scores for the 4 stages we didn't finish. I ended up with scores for 46 shooters that at least finished the same 4 stages. This will allow what amounts to a mini-match and a fair comparison of results.

VolGrad 57.72 (14) (including a malfunction caused by a bad primer not going BANG)
11 of 46 total overall score (incl penalties for pts down)
9 of 46 overall least points down
1 of 10 in classification total overall score
3 of 10 in classification least points down
6 of 20 in division total overall score
5 of 20 in division least points down

jlweems 60.76 (31)
14 of 46 total overall score (incl penalties for pts down)
30 of 46 overall least points down
2 of 10 in classification total overall score
9 of 10 in classification least points down
8 of 20 in division total overall score
15 of 20 in division least points down

In all fairness this shooting is NOT indicative of "normal" for the Chief. He blew stage 1 and that haunted him for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Well it sounds like he might only have 27 people at his next match, that should make him happy.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.