Glock Pro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I decided to install a Vortex Venom 3 moa red dot by using the rear sight replacement mount plate on my Glock 22 Gen 4 40. S&W. But even that I adjusted the elevation to the top setting, my shoots were grouped low at a 10 yards distance. Please advise.

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
I decided to install a Vortex Venom 3 moa red dot by using the rear sight replacement mount plate on my Glock 22 Gen 4 40. S&W. But even that I adjusted the elevation to the top setting, my shoots were grouped low at a 10 yards distance. Please advise.
A lot of people have had this problem.

Some people make shims from aluminum coke cans... Some cut up feeler gauges to make shims... The best solution seems to be a plastic 1 degree delrin shim made for this purpose:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Some people make shims from aluminum coke cans... Some cut up feeler gauges to make shims... The best solution seems to be a plastic 1 degree delrin shim made for this purpose:

Thanks Vortex also just suggested me the Delrin 1.0 shim. I would try it (y)

·
Registered
329 Posts

That's some good info right there!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Vortex also just suggested me the Delrin 1.0 shim. I would try it (y)
Yes it worked, now I'm able to adjust the elevation of my red dot correctly and getting more accurate shoots.
👏

·
Super Moderator
6,959 Posts
Yes it worked, now I'm able to adjust the elevation of my red dot correctly and getting more accurate shoots.
👏
Excellent!

Glad it worked out for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts