Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
You all have read my posts about this issue, and here it is for you to see on video. Please tell me if you would believe that you got one of the rare "bad" Glocks that come out of their factory. It happens. I believe I got one of them.

Photobucket cut the end of my video off. Guess they have a 10 min limit. lame.

·
Registered
252 Posts
You've definately demonstrated the problem. It almost appears that the round is not going into the breach straight and jams in the barrel thus making it so hard to rack the slide. Question is, why is it not seating the round properly. I wonder if the barrel breach is slighty enlarged allowing the round to try and seat at an awkward angle. Since I own the same weapon, I'm certainly keeping my eye on the outcome. Best of luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You've definately demonstrated the problem. It almost appears that the round is not going into the breach straight and jams in the barrel thus making it so hard to rack the slide. Question is, why is it not seating the round properly. I wonder if the barrel breach is slighty enlarged allowing the round to try and seat at an awkward angle. Since I own the same weapon, I'm certainly keeping my eye on the outcome. Best of luck and keep us posted.
the fact that other 30SFs dont do what mine does confirms in my mind that I got a bad one. Ill definitely keep updating the situation here.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Your video certainly demonstrates the problem.

I'd mention your video when you call Glock Technical Support... see what they say...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that would explain why the round is tiled downwards instead of slightly upwards when the problem happens. But the v cut in the trigger bar that had appeared after only 220 rounds, to me, means whole gun alignment issues.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So who here that watched the video would expect Glock to replace the gun? Keep in mind it is supposed to be your carry gun and the fact that its brand new and has failed more than 60 times.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I watched the video and definitely expect Glock to make good on the gun... I don't know if that means giving you a new gun or fixing this one or sending you some parts...

·
Registered
279 Posts
yea it seems like some sort of a weird alignment or something. hard going in and hard coming out. but i dont think its an issue with the feeding process but more leaning towards it having something to do with the slide being caught on something. or maybe the recoil spring isnt right. when its hard to eject a round carefully from a safe angle and finger no where near the trigger (or use snap caps) see if the recoil spring is lined up correctly on the slide below the barrel. if its not lined up it wont let you rack the slide. know what i mean?

and im no gun expert but thats all ive got. lol

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
try watching it again, it just worked for me just now. I talk for about a minute before anything happens in the video.
ok i just watched the video. yeah that's the same malfunction that's plauged a bunch of g30/29 SF models.

a few of the threads on other forums i've read said glock told them to keep shooting to "break it in", and sometimes that's even worked. howoever, with the cost of .45acp ammo, that's an unnacceptable answer for an issue glock should have resolved years ago.

i see you had to handle it pretty hard a couple time just to get the round out of the chamber torwards the end. somethings definitely contacting something it shouldn't be.

since glock has never admitted (or even fixed) the issue, no one's sure if it's actually the trigger bar rubbing the slide that's causing the issue; or if it's the same issue causing both the trigger bar rubbing and the failure to return to battery probs.

there's been talk of out of spec frame rails. some think their rear rails are lower than the fron ones on these guns. mine appears to be like this at first glance on my g29, but it's not. the polymer frame just comes up higher at the rear of the frame so it's closer to the rear rails. they're level with the front rails.

so if you read about "the nickel test" (putting a nickel under each reail to judge the distance), this is nothing more than an idiotic rumor started on GT.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea it seems like some sort of a weird alignment or something. hard going in and hard coming out. but i dont think its an issue with the feeding process but more leaning towards it having something to do with the slide being caught on something. or maybe the recoil spring isnt right. when its hard to eject a round carefully from a safe angle and finger no where near the trigger (or use snap caps) see if the recoil spring is lined up correctly on the slide below the barrel. if its not lined up it wont let you rack the slide. know what i mean?

and im no gun expert but thats all ive got. lol
I read something about that earlier and checked and as far as I can tell The recoil spring is aligned correctly. thanks for the suggestion none the less.
ok i just watched the video. yeah that's the same malfunction that's plauged a bunch of g30/29 SF models.

a few of the threads on other forums i've read said glock told them to keep shooting to "break it in", and sometimes that's even worked. howoever, with the cost of .45acp ammo, that's an unnacceptable answer for an issue glock should have resolved years ago.

i see you had to handle it pretty hard a couple time just to get the round out of the chamber torwards the end. somethings definitely contacting something it shouldn't be.

since glock has never admitted (or even fixed) the issue, no one's sure if it's actually the trigger bar rubbing the slide that's causing the issue; or if it's the same issue causing both the trigger bar rubbing and the failure to return to battery probs.

there's been talk of out of spec frame rails. some think their rear rails are lower than the fron ones on these guns. mine appears to be like this at first glance on my g29, but it's not. the polymer frame just comes up higher at the rear of the frame so it's closer to the rear rails. they're level with the front rails.

so if you read about "the nickel test" (putting a nickel under each reail to judge the distance), this is nothing more than an idiotic rumor started on GT.
I read about the nickel test, and had already noticed the apprearance of differing height on the frame rails on my G26...as you said its kind of a trick of the eye since the frame is taperd from one end to the other. Glad I didnt fall for that one. GT sucks BTW..lol. I havent posted about my troubles over there because I know all ill get is a bunch of morons telling me I should have bought a 1911. Or if I had a 1911 problem, they would tell me I should have bought a Glock...ect.

I will be in utter shock if Glock tries to feed me some bullshit about breaking the gun is after they see my video. If they'll even look at it. Bottom line, there is no reason for a brand new Glock to act like mine is, and the fact the some G30/SFs dont ever do what mine is doing further illustrates my thoughts that I just got a bad one that slipped through the inspection cracks somehow. Id better not get any bullshit from them about using different ammo because they check the gun with that super crap aluminum casing CCI shit. I demonstrated the malfunction with some of the most high quality ammo available. I still have yet to find an instance of a G29/G30/SF or G36 that is anywhere near as bad as mine is. that alone in my opinion should warrant a total replacement. I cannot trust my life to a gun that has done what mine has already done... that, for me, is the bottom line here. this gun is CLEARLY not a reliable personal protection weapon. The ONLY reason I bought it. everytime I see the "Glock Perfection" logo, I get steamed. Being how simple these guns are is why I think I have a total dud. Its not like some little pin or spring is out of whack... Glocks can run without a guide rod... this G30sf cant run with all parts in place and its a new, non worn out gun. 220 rounds is sufficient break in... Glocks shouldnt need a break in at all...they arent the pinnacle of precision machining. They are the AK of the pistol world... works almost no matter what kind of thing. This sf doesnt work no matter what so far. At this point its failed over 100 times. totally unacceptable. I really should wait to see what Glock says... but based on what ive read so far, they are going to try to feed me some BS. If they are a stand up company, they will replace this gun. They of all people should understand that trust in a weapon is paramount for personal protection, and that no matter what I cannot ever trust this particular G30SF.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
When I went to watch the video I just saw the box and ammo too. However, give the problems you've described I would expect GLOCK to take care of you. They have always been good in the Customer Service dept. I didn't check to see where you are but if you aren't close enough to take it to them I would expect you will have to ship it back to them to inspect/repair/replace. I have no idea if they will cover shipping. It might depend what they find wrong with it. Another option would be to see if there are any upcoming GSSF matches in your area and take it to the event. They have Armorer's on site that could inspect it there. Sorry I can't be of more help. Good luck to you sir. Your situation sucks for sure and is not "normal" for a GLOCK. It does seem their .45acp models are the most prone to issues though. That's one reason I stick with the 9mm GLOCKs.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The dealer I bought it from offered to ship it for me for 20 bucks. Another option that I'm not sure is even allowed, but my girl is going to Atlanta in two weeks and she offered to drop the gun off at the factory in Smyrna.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.