Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ran across this - Reviews (click "Reviews" link) - list of absolute rave reviews from (as you see) a wide variety of tough critics - last weekend & love certain aspects of the VersaCarry Holster. Namely, I'm a small woman (5'5" & 110 lbs) who doesn't typically go for "easy concealment" (read: baggy)-type clothing. I already have a Blackhawk CQC retention holster for outside waistband/easy draw/practice carry... But love how high-concealment this VersaCarry holster looks.

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who has used it. (I have G30S, by the way).

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
While I have no experience with this product I will make an observation after watching their product video. After drawing the weapon you must remove the Versa Carry from the waistline. This means there is no way to reholster your gun without removing the holster. That right there is a deal breaker for me. This seems like a solution looking for a problem. I would say to pass on what appears to be a gimmick and go with a proven holster made of kydex and/or leather. Sorry, just calling it like I see it.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I don't have any experience either but I have heard that you are not able to chamber a round and carry condition 1.
If you like Blackhawk, you might want to check out their nylon IWB holsters. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I don't have any experience either but I have heard that you are not able to chamber a round and carry condition 1.
If you like Blackhawk, you might want to check out their nylon IWB holsters. Just a thought.
I have found nylon holsters to be a big safety liability. From my experience with Blackhawk nylon, it is only slightly better protection for the trigger guard than no cover at all.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I have found nylon holsters to be a big safety liability. From my experience with Blackhawk nylon, it is only slightly better protection for the trigger guard than no cover at all.
I don't see a problem here. Yes, make sure the trigger is covered. They make different sizes and it's as easy as taking your weapon with you and finding the right size.
This is now my EDC seeing as the weather has warmed up. I've used it for years and never had an issue. I do train with it to get used to IWB as opposed to OWB.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Sorry OP, we're getting off topic here.
If you want to try the Versa Carry, I would. If you're kinda new to concealed carry, you will probably change holsters until you really find what works for you. No one can tell you as it's all personal choice.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
To each his own. I had that same holster and threw it away. The nylon was too easily collapsed to allow for reholstering for me. But my major issue was how flexible it is. You could actually pull the trigger from outside the holster (at least on mine). And while that is highly unlikely to happen while carrying, I have no desire to risk it with so many other great holster options out there. I'm not trying to knock your choice of holsters, but since it was suggested to OP, I just want to make sure OP has other opinions and considerations.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Sorry OP, we're getting off topic here.
If you want to try the Versa Carry, I would. If you're kinda new to concealed carry, you will probably change holsters until you really find what works for you. No one can tell you as it's all personal choice.
Please don't apologize. I AM new to concealed carry, and learning a lot from everyone's feedback. Keep the comments coming!

Thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
To each his own. I had that same holster and threw it away. The nylon was too easily collapsed to allow for reholstering for me. But my major issue was how flexible it is. You could actually pull the trigger from outside the holster (at least on mine). And while that is highly unlikely to happen while carrying, I have no desire to risk it with so many other great holster options out there. I'm not trying to knock your choice of holsters, but since it was suggested to OP, I just want to make sure OP has other opinions and considerations.
ZENAS: To say I have a "physically active" lifestyle is an understatement. And while I yearn for for a holster which is unobtrusive - especially since I'm a small woman who typically (and by that I mean, historically about 98 % of the time) wears fairly form-fitting clothes...*

I must confess that one of the things I truly love about my current Blackhawk holster is the security of that trigger guard. That - and the fact that it's a retention holster - through and through.
The more I carry with it, the more I value those qualities. So I do think your point is well taken, and as someone who can use all the edification she can get... I appreciate it.

*(Which is why I seem on an endless quest for the "woman handgun carrier 's Holy Grail": a perfect, invisible IWB holster...).

·
Registered
367 Posts
Versa carry is a no no. Especially with a Glock. Nylon holsters aren't much better, but they are cheap. Kydex IWB holsters for a female are nearly impossible. For a female who wears tighter clothing, successfully concealing a firearm is no easy task. You'll have to dress around your weapon. Masters leather holsters have worked for most females I've trained.

IWB
http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/the-39/Leather-gun-holster-ambidextrous/Detail

OWB
http://www.jbpholsters.com/servlet/the-72/LEATHER-PANCAKE-GUN-HOLSTER/Detail

I have one IWB and 2 OWB pancake masters holsters. After several different holster fails and near misses I've had, these have proven the most effective and comfortable.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
ZENAS: To say I have a "physically active" lifestyle is an understatement. And while I yearn for for a holster which is unobtrusive - especially since I'm a small woman who typically (and by that I mean, historically about 98 % of the time) wears fairly form-fitting clothes...*

I must confess that one of the things I truly love about my current Blackhawk holster is the security of that trigger guard. That - and the fact that it's a retention holster - through and through.
The more I carry with it, the more I value those qualities. So I do think your point is well taken, and as someone who can use all the edification she can get... I appreciate it.

*(Which is why I seem on an endless quest for the "woman handgun carrier 's Holy Grail": a perfect, invisible IWB holster...).
If you are looking for a minimalist type holster you may want to take a look at the DOS (Drop-Out-of-Sight) holster by Bravo Concealment.
http://www.bravoconcealment.com/products/d-o-s-holster
This video may give you a woman's perspective:
In my experience Bravo Concealment makes an exceptional product. Wait times can be lengthly, but it is available for the G30S. Just giving you an option you may not be aware of. Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
If you are looking for a minimalist type holster you may want to take a look at the DOS (Drop-Out-of-Sight) holster by Bravo Concealment.
Bravo Concealment · D.O.S. Holster
This video may give you a woman's perspective: D.O.S. (Drop Out-of Sight) holsters From Bravo Concealment Holsters - YouTube
In my experience Bravo Concealment makes an exceptional product. Wait times can be lengthly, but it is available for the G30S. Just giving you an option you may not be aware of. Good luck in your search.
Now we're talkin' :)

And a belated thanks for your early advice on the Versa Carry. It's quite possible you helped me steer clear of the first dust-gathering member of that "holster drawer" I keep hearing about... And am trying to avoid having.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I think the Versacvarry has its place and time. I carry it on occasion BUT when I do I always uses a Glock Saf-T-Blok STAY CARRYING MY FRIENDS (sorry i could not help my self)
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Material property Everyday carry
Product Font Material property Technology Cosmetics

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Now we're talkin' :)

And a belated thanks for your early advice on the Versa Carry. It's quite possible you helped me steer clear of the first dust-gathering member of that "holster drawer" I keep hearing about... And am trying to avoid having.
Oh, you'll probably have a "holster drawer" eventually. It's like buying pistols, you can't just have one nor should you.
You'll find that you'll need a different holster for different occasions(weather, dress, so on) and one usually won't fit all. All good though and it's fun trying out different holsters.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I stopped by the VersaCarry booth today at the NRA show to see it first hand. It's not for me.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I seems that you have enough recommendations to choose a holster.
I just wanted to make one comment. I carry C-1 (round chambered))
and the Versa Carry scares the hell out of me!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts