Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to cohland for this info. Here's a summary of what I've noticed in the Gen4 G17's over time:

-Glock's original recoil spring assembly ("01" or no label) appeared too stiff for some shooters. Scattered reports on the 'net about malfunctions, failure to feed and failure to extract, etc.

-The "02" spring was released that has less tension (fewer coils). More people seem happy, or at least there were fewer complaints posted.

-Cohland reports that there's a "02-1" spring that Glock released. I think it's to help with the fact that the 02 gets hung up on the slide's guide ring when field stripping. Someone please correct me if they heard otherwise.

This is a pic of the 02-1 assembly that I took with my cell phone at a dealer. I'll get more pics out when I receive my own spring from Glock. The new 02-1 is on the right. The polymer end disc is a little thicker than the 02 and there's a metal collar that's new on the 02-1.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
First I had heard of it. I still haven't had any problems though so I will be leaving mine alone unless something does happen to it.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
New information seems to be coming out all the time. I got the bit about RSAs marked "02" and "021" from an Armorer's class last week. But let's see what parts they ship.

And if yours works with the ammo you prefer, by all means stick with it.

Chris

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Good information, pistolcompetitor...

Thanks for keeping us up to date...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
New information seems to be coming out all the time. I got the bit about RSAs marked "02" and "021" from an Armorer's class last week. But let's see what parts they ship.

And if yours works with the ammo you prefer, by all means stick with it.

Chris
For the G17 it is low pressure re-loads that I use in matches. runs like a champ with them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.