Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
I don't get wrapped up into calibers, and caliber wars. Shot placement is the key. It doesn't matter what your using if it don't hit something vital it won't have the effect you are looking for in your time of need.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
That said the 9mm has put more people in the grave than even the venerable 45acp. How do I come to this conclusion? Simple Nazis used the 9mm in the holocaust. It was used most by the dreaded Einsatzgruppen.

Agree with it or not the 9mm is a very effective round when placed into the vitals. Just as much so as any other round.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Some people would/will argue anything. Like I said, I don't get into it. I have enough training and experience to know beyond a doubt it is all about placement not caliber. Especially in a pistol. There are even stories out there of people getting shot over 20 times with 45acp, AND the big 10mm and living. They don't get a whole lot bigger than that in handguns and being hit over 20 times and living. Sums it up right there. Placement, placement, placement.

I look at it like this shoot what you like, and shoot what you shoot well. If it is a 9mm so be it or if it is a 10mm or even bigger so be it.

But variety is the spice of life. Or so they say.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.