Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1st Gen, EA: 11/88 model 17, in really good condition. It has everything that it left the factory with, save one of the magazines. The remaining U-Notched magazine has the typical crack down the spine.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,125 Posts
It's really tough to accurately determine what a gun might sell for over the past couple of years. A couple of Gen2 19s just sold for more than a lot of Gen1 17 have been selling for which I still can't quite grasp.

I would typically consider an EE or FF series to be in the $700-$1,000 range. There were a lot of Gen1 pistols from the Metropolitan Police Washington DC (MPDC) that came onto the market a few years ago which most were EE & FF series pistols. I think this effects the price of this range. The more common Gen1s also need to pretty much be mint to demand a serious premium. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if it went into the $1,000 - $1,500 range because of the manual, box and loader being included.

Manual, original box and loader help the price significantly.
Scratches on the slide hurt the price. It's hard to tell from photos but it doesn't look like it has black parts (trigger bar, firing pin, firing pin safety), they probably don't more the price as much as there would be more potential buyers if they were still there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the feedback. I left it as-is (belly lint & leg hair attest to that), to get an honest opinion about an unmolested, barely shot (but handled a bit) first Gen. I’ll get it cleaned up & on the auction block, armed with your information. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,125 Posts
I think this auction that just ended could be a descent indication of where the market should be for your gun. You have a more complete gun so possibly a bit more if there’s multiple bidders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts