Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 1911 Sentry is just that, a 1911 with smart gun grips that house the power supply and RFID hardware. The Sentry has a starting price of $1,795 for law enforcement and the LS9 is expected to retail for about half at $895.

Clik here

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
Is it wrong of me to hope those products generate a ton of static and attract lightning strikes during their demos? 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure we are allowed the hopes of failure just as much as they are hoping for success.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Well it has an internal power supply so that means a battery; it's bound to fail or go dead at the worst possible time.
Token reader, pin pad and Bluetooth capability will be hack with in months after they hit the market is my guess.
Not something I'd want t for EDC or as a duty weapon

Gaz

·
Registered
170 Posts
The 1911 Sentry is just that, a 1911 with smart gun grips that house the power supply and RFID hardware. The Sentry has a starting price of $1,795 for law enforcement and the LS9 is expected to retail for about half at $895.

LodeStar says their LS9 is designed for new gun owners on the commercial market, while the Sentry is intended for law enforcement and corrections officers, where restricting access could be considered more important than straight reliability.
What law enforcement officer/agency or corrections officer will opt for a 1911 type with the associated low capacity?
Seems backwards. The Sentry for private sale, the LS-9 for LEO/corrections officers.

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
where restricting access could be considered more important than straight reliability.
Heck of a trade off ....

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
Gosh, I hope our local police force waits for version 2 - where the gun safety won’t release until a command level person reviews the body cam footage and approves deadly force.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And this :

A battery located in the magazine powers the mechanism, and that battery can be recharged either by plugging it in or by placing it on a wireless charging pad. When the battery power drops below 20%, the light on the gun turns red.
Other smart guns have been shown to be easily hackable, but Holland said the 1911 Sentry is different.

Wired Magazine, for example, demonstrated that the Armatix IP1 could be “hacked” using magnets. Holland told us the 1911 Sentry overcomes this weakness by using a passive rather than an active RFID sensor. The sensor is only active and potentially hackable when the ring is within range of the sensor, reducing the ability of non-authorized users to interfere with the gun’s operation.

Click Here

1 - 10 of 10 Posts