Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a ghost 3.5 connector on my new 26 and I was noticing a small click when I pulled the trigger upon inspection I seen that my trigger bar sort of pops out of the connector. Is this a normal issue or did I f somthing up?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's when mine does I'm thinking maybe I bent the connector in a bit or hell maybe the slide safety catches it when I pull the slide back to strip it I'm not sure I'm just a bit worrie

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try and hold the slide off to the right when you take it off. You should be able to see the top of the bar as it comes off. Mine pushes the bar to the left just slightly enough to allow the connector to slip off. Dont know if this is normal of not though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yeah let me know. I was just looking in in the little slot in the back with a flashlight and noticed that the bar moves to the left as the slide goes backwards. I'm guessing thats when mine does it.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Why would you do that? LOL

I can't answer your question but I'm sure someone will be along soon to help out with what you and cyber have already started..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thelaw-I do it because Im addicted to working out (better than other addictions people have) lol. But to cyber I called glock spoke to the head of tech service and he said this is 100% normal especially in the smaller glocks, so thats a big sigh of relief

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
If you don't get this solved, let me know and I'll take some detailed photos for you. I have a Ghost 3.5 installed in a G17 Gen 4, it works perfectly, so maybe photos of mine will help. I will add that when you release the trigger (with the pistol fully assembled, after racking the slide, dry firing), there is a satisfying "click" with the Ghost installed. But that's when you release, not when you pull the trigger.

Chris

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you don't get this solved, let me know and I'll take some detailed photos for you. I have a Ghost 3.5 installed in a G17 Gen 4, it works perfectly, so maybe photos of mine will help. I will add that when you release the trigger (with the pistol fully assembled, after racking the slide, dry firing), there is a satisfying "click" with the Ghost installed. But that's when you release, not when you pull the trigger.

Chris
If you could post some pictures that would be great and I guess I made a typo I actually meant it clicks when I release. However I did call glock and they said what I was experiencing was completely normal.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
your glocks are fine :)

the connector is pushed slightly inward, allowing the trigger bar to ride up between it and the frame. the "snap" you ear is the trigger bar resetting as it's moving forward, allowing the connector snap back outward. this is accomplished by the "hook" like part at the top of the connector that is pushed inward by the corresponding channel in the bottom of the slide during cycling. as the connector is pushed inward, the trigger spring pulls the trigger bar back and up, so it's sitting in between the connector and the frame. sometimes when you take the slide off it's like this, and sometimes not. it makes no difference.

with the slide off you can even pull the trigger bar forward by the safety plunger arm, and watch the connector snap back out. you can even push the connector hook inward and pull the trigger back so the trigger bar sits in between there again. won't hurt anything, it's normal operation :)

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
If you could post some pictures that would be great and I guess I made a typo I actually meant it clicks when I release. However I did call glock and they said what I was experiencing was completely normal.
Clicking on release is normal. Now, I wasn't clear when I said I had a Ghost 3.5 connector: I actually have a Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector in the G17, and a standard "3.5" connector in a G34. I've included photos of both guns, with the trigger bar in both the cocked and fired positions.

The first pair of photos is a Gen3 G34 with a regular "3.5" pound connector, with the trigger bar in the cocked and fired positions. As the trigger bar comes back when you pull the trigger, it moves off the safety shelf and is pushed down by the connector, releasing the firing pin.

The second pair of photos is the Gen4 G17 with the Ghost Rocket connector. This connector has a tab on it that needs to be fitted (trimmed) for your gun, to eliminate trigger over-travel. It works like a charm. You can see where the trigger bar stops when it reaches the tab on the Ghost Rocket connector.

If you DON'T have a Ghost Rocket connector, I apologize for introducing all the extra text about that part.

Chris

Attachments

Reactions: NWGlocker

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I just installed a ghost 3.5 connector on my new 26 and I was noticing a small click when I pulled the trigger upon inspection I seen that my trigger bar sort of pops out of the connector. Is this a normal issue or did I f somthing up?
Your trigger bar pops out of the connector? Are you sure?

How do you know the trigger bar is popping out of the connector?

I read through all the posts in this thread and I'm still not sure what you mean...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.