Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Season 2 of "Top Shot" starts tonight on the History Channel at 10pm. It's on every Tuesday night at 10pm and also repeats throughout the week.

Tonight's Episode said:
Skilled and novice marksmen and markswomen from around the country chase a $100,000 prize by using Civil War weapons in a sharp-shooting challenge, where the two winners will get to select their teams for extreme billiards and elimination challenges.
"Top Shot" is a pretty good show... They take a bunch of shooters and break them into two teams, then hold competitions between the them. It's probably the closest thing to reality television that I ever watch. Most everyone with cable TV has the History channel... so, tune in if you want!

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree that it's kind of a "campy" show...

Just thought that I'd point out that the new season was starting up again...

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I usually record everything and watch it later...

Some of the commercials are way too annoying to watch over and over again... plus, who wants to waste the time?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I watched it last season and the first episode this season. I think some of the more unusual weapons makes it more interesting. I mean, throwing knives and slingshots, plus long bows, cool in my book. I did think they could have used a few full auto's last time, but it looks like they are going to give em a shot at a machine gun this time around.

Last season there did seem to be quite a lot of drama surrounding Kelly, the youngest shooter. It seemed like everybody had it in for him, even though he was probably the most consistent shooter of the bunch.

It's better than watching America's Got Nothing Better To Do.

·
None
1,525 Posts
I watched it last season and the first episode this season. I think some of the more unusual weapons makes it more interesting. I mean, throwing knives and slingshots, plus long bows, cool in my book. I did think they could have used a few full auto's last time, but it looks like they are going to give em a shot at a machine gun this time around.

Last season there did seem to be quite a lot of drama surrounding Kelly, the youngest shooter. It seemed like everybody had it in for him, even though he was probably the most consistent shooter of the bunch.

It's better than watching America's Got Nothing Better To Do.
I never could figure out why they kept sending Kelly repeatedly to challenges when Denny was consistanty no producing in the team challenges.

In 2.1, I got a chuckle out of the "dude" that missed all seven of his shots ragging on one of the USPSA guys for not performing.

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Feb. 22 episode will include none other than the GLOCK 17!!!!!!!
That should be cool... I recorded the second episode, but haven't watched it yet...

Not real impressed so far. The "Top Shots" do not seem to shoot very well.
It's not as good a show as it could be... It has more "soap opera" qualities than I would like... But it's an interesting show about guns... So I try to watch when it's on...

·
Registered
35 Posts
What a horrible horrible show... I took for granted I'd like it so I downloaded the whole season... I persevered through the first ep then went straight to the last one just to see who won...

Survivor meets The Ultimate Fighter...

I'd watch it if they changed the format to something more watchable...

·
Registered
594 Posts
Still can't get past the annoying personality crap they constantly show. Watched the first ten minutes and turned it off.

·
Super Moderator
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I always record it, so I can fast forward during the parts I don't like and the commercials... Saves a lot of time...

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.