Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who else watches Top Gear, either the British version or the new American version?

I really like the British version. Been watching it for years now, Tivo'ing every episode. Even though the host typically bash on American made cars, their dynamic is great and they are very funny.

The American version is new this season, and I'm not sold on it yet. First thing I noticed was that the show is sponsored by Mercedes. Seems like that might lend to some bias. Secondly, the host just aren't clicking, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Never heard of it. Don't watch much regular TV though

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah I think the same about the american series, I love the BBC series also. The only parts so far that peak my interest in the american one thus far is the actual testing..not much humor unlike its brittish counterpart..I did enjoy the F-150 testing they did this week, I almost poped on a raptor before I found my current f-150 at an awesome price....But I think if the series makes it to a second series we will be able to expect better chemistry between the hosts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have been a fan of the British series for a few years, the chemistry and antics make it more of a comedy show than a car show. The American version is not a hit. The first two episodes are really bad, I did like the Raptor segment on the 3rd show. I am not a fan of the hosts at all, none of them are particularly funny and seem to not gel together at all. The odd stunts from the British show have not translated well to the American version either, the Raptor story was by far the best so far. I think they need to swap out one or two of the hosts quickly, I know they had Adam Corolla in one of the pilots they did originally but decided not to hire him. He is funny and would certainly be better than the guy they have. I hope it turns the corner but could see it being cancelled at the end of this series.

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
I'm a car guy, but haven't watched either show...

Was that the show where they tried to hide from an Apache helicopter?

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a car guy, but haven't watched either show...

Was that the show where they tried to hide from an Apache helicopter?
Yeah that was the first show of the US version. I still think the US version sucks, simply due to the host. Check out the British version on BBC America (DirecTv and possibly other cable networks). The host are funny and get along well. Cool cars, weird and funny car tests etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.