Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good read, well researched and my two favorite recurring good guys handle Glocks.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
I really enjoyed that book.... It tied together a couple of Clancy's threads in one book, a terrific read! I also like Vince Flynn, similar themes, easier reads....

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I really enjoyed that book.... It tied together a couple of Clancy's threads in one book, a terrific read! I also like Vince Flynn, similar themes, easier reads....
Clancy lost me a long time ago. Love Vince Flynn, however. Try David Baldicci!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've read all Flynn's books. I think it's that vicarious thrill of actually seeing the good guys win. Even us more seasoned guys.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Clancy lost me a long time ago. Love Vince Flynn, however. Try David Baldicci!
I'd lost interest in Clancy when he started using co-authors and picked this up on a whim. It really was his style again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Vince Flynn's stuff is GREAT!! I used to love reading all of Clancy's books, too...glad to hear he is coming back to his "roots," so to speak, with this latest book.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I loved Clancy's Jack Ryan series and some of his other books, but then he started to constantly take the Lords name in vain in later books. That just turned me off. The stories would have been great without him resorting to that. The same thing happened with Stephen King and Patricia Cornwell.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
My favorite Vince Flynn book is "Term Limits".... It's amazing to me how the theme of that book, written almost 15 years ago, could have been lifted from today's newspapers or a current events magazine. Says something about the "same old S***, different day" nature of national politics and more accurately the disingenuous nature of national politicians. If it's not in their best interest, it isn't in the country's peoples best interest....

·
Registered
431 Posts
at one time, I couldn't wait for a Clancy's book to come out, haven't read one in years.

Read my first Vince Flynn book, Memorial Day and now looking for more.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
at one time, I couldn't wait for a Clancy's book to come out, haven't read one in years.

Read my first Vince Flynn book, Memorial Day and now looking for more.
"Memorial Day" is the 5th book in a series about Mitch Rapp by Vince Flynn. If you enjoyed that one, the series starts with "Transfer of Power". The one I mentioned in an earlier post "Term Limits" is not a Mitch Rapp book, but some of the characters, from the Rapp series, appear in it.... sort of a prequel. His latest book, "American Assasin" is the true prequel to the Mitch Rapp series. If you can't tell, I quite like Vince Flynn books!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.