Glock Pro Forums banner

To all my LEO/Security Homies...

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  oldcoot 
#1 ·
lol.
Or anyone just knowledgeable in this topic, I need a recommendation. I've done my share of research though, but I was wondering if anyone had tips in picking out a holster specifically for duty use in an armed security/police setting?

I've checked out the reviews for the Blackhawk Level II and III holsters as well as the Blade Tech 5.11 Thumbdrive (which has my attention, and the best of reviews so far). I'm not really interested in anything with a retention spring, because of the mixed reviews I hear with difficulty in unholstering in a high risk situation. The thumbdrive has my attention because of the paddle with the block on it, and the thumb button functionality. I was just wondering if there are any other suggestions? I'm not looking for anything that can substitute as a "conceal carry/duty" combo either. something strictly for duty. Thank you guys for taking the time to read, and to provide suggestions. I'll update you as well with what it is I ultimately decide upon buying.

-Angel

#2 ·
Most agencies around here supply everything nowadays. A long time ago when I was in Law Enforcement, we had to buy everything. I bought every piece of Safariland Gear I could. If I were doing it again today, I would do the same. I would find out if the agencies you hope to work for provide the gear before spending a dime.

#3 ·
I second Safariland gear. I only used that or Don Hume (think revolver days). Top notch stuff. I used a Model 070 Level III for both a G17 and a G22C. Remember that how you get that gun out of a holster has a lot to do with muscle memory and you get that from practice (unloaded of course). You have to balance speed and security when using a holster on the street. I used to shoot local IPSC matches with duty gear. Practice and shoot with what you carry. Oh yeah, don't cheap out on the gunbelt either. There's an old saying...buy quality gear and cry once (price), buy substandard gear and cry many times (breakage, wear beyond usefulness, etc...). If you are going in to Law Enforcement/Security get a good rechargeable flashlight also. Preferably one that fits in a holster on a duty belt. Even if you work the day shift there are buildings that you will go into that have low light/no light situations.

Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.