Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
the NY1 & NY2 trigger springs should never be used with the 8lb connector--according to glock. it causes too much wear at the friction points where the trigger bar meets the connector ;)

the best option for a heavier pull is what a lot of folks do--put in the NY1 trigger spring, along with the glock 4.5lb connector (formerly known as the 3.5lb connector. they're the same thing), or the 3.5lb Scherer connector, which is polished and smoother than glock's oem one. just as durable as well.

i actually used this setup for a quite a while, and it works great. it gives you a constant 6lb pull through the trigger pull. the trigger does not get heavier at the break, like with the stock pull. it also quickens the reset.

if you put in the NY1 trigger spring with the stock 5.5lb connector, you'll have an 8.5lb pull, which is really heavy.

i would order from glockparts.com great folks. only $3 shipping, and it arrives for me in 3 days :cool:

PM me is you have any questions on installation (it's easy--a semi-retarded monkey could do it) :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help i wasn't going to use the two together just wanted to know which one would be good but i will do what u said its sounds like a good combo

"the best option for a heavier pull is what a lot of folks do--put in the NY1 trigger spring, along with the glock 4.5lb connector (formerly known as the 3.5lb connector. they're the same thing), or the 3.5lb Scherer connector, which is polished and smoother than glock's oem one. just as durable as well."

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
To be honest, the 8lb connector and the NY1 trigger spring are both so cheap, I would buy both of them. The shipping will probably be more expensive than the parts themselves.

That way, you can mix and match the parts and see which ones give you the trigger pull you like.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did order both to cheap not to i was just wondering witch one would be best i didn't plan on using them together was just going to try each one but I'm going to order the 3.5 like don suggested and try the NY1 and the 3.5 together

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had ordered the parts before i posted this other wise i would have ordered the 3.5 to i should have asked u guys first but not a big deal just have to put another order in

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.