Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I see the new "Whats New" and I like it. But (yes Im signed in) when I click on any of the thread titles or pictures I get a vbulliten message.

Boomer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

Just wanted to let yall know. Boomer

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Doing it to me too just so ya know Boomer

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the speedy correction, I do like the look that it gave to the Home Page, hopefully you can get it running soon.

·
Administrator
7,045 Posts
Sometimes I'll spend a long time writing a message or reple. After that, when I click "New Messages" they have all zeroed out.

Is there a way to increase the time it takes for the new messages to disappear?

I've also seen vBulletin sites that have a "Show all new posts for the last 24 hours" link in their menus. That would help, too.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Give it a shot now boomer - i think i figured it out...

Hi, I see the new "Whats New" and I like it. But (yes Im signed in) when I click on any of the thread titles or pictures I get a vbulliten message.

Boomer, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Log Out Home

Just wanted to let yall know. Boomer

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It works now, but it doesnt show the new, current replies of threads.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
It works now, but it doesnt show the new, current replies of threads.
Look on the right side of the page - "Recent Threads" shows the latest posts.. the avatar is whoever started the thread and it shows when last post was made and by who..

- - also you can click the "Whats New" tab up at the top of any page to see recent posts by people in the familiar format that was on the main page before...

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Look on the right side of the page - "Recent Threads" shows the latest posts.. the avatar is whoever started the thread and it shows when last post was made and by who..

- - also you can click the "Whats New" tab up at the top of any page to see recent posts by people in the familiar format that was on the main page before...
I just saw it. I like the new whats up page. Nice job.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I couldn't stand not seeing a nice big listing of the posts over the last 24 hrs so I changed the "What's New" menu tab/button to show that instead of what's new since the last visit :) Give it a shot.

·
Premium Member
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Same here. The whats up page was good, but how it is now is better I think too.

·
Administrator
7,045 Posts
Thanks for trying to improve this, Rob...

I think it's most important for the "What's New?" link to show the new posts since your last login. That's probably how everyone reads the forum...

It would still be nice to have a "Show me all the new posts in 24 hours" menu link or button, too... Maybe under thread tools... or a different menu item?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.