Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From time to time someone recommends the G38 and I go back and forth....until now!!!
I called a local gun shop and asked,"Do you have any Glocks in 45 gap?" The response; Sure, we have the 37,38, and 39." Wow, I thought it be a stretch if the had one model.

Second question;" What about ammo? I heard it is hard to find." The reply was something I did not consider at all..."Our State Troopers use the Gap, we stay well stocked."

I guess you guys can see where I'm going with all of this, I pick up my new Glock 38 with all the ammo I can afford tomorrow!!!! All this time of going back and forth, I never considered how much influence a law enforcement agency can have on the local availability of ammo and such!!! I'm excited, as soon as my midterm exams end there will be a range report coming.

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
I love my G38. I am a big fan of the 45 caliber round and I can't use the G21 properly due to the large size so I strayed away from GLOCKS and went with XDs several years ago. JLWeems introduced me to the G38 and after shooting it, I had to have one. I have been very happy with the firearm. I thought the recoil was very nice in the shorter barrel and I enjoy carrying this firearm. I was carrying a 42 ounce (gun weight only. Mags/ammo additional) 1911 for years and putting a firearm on my waist a G38 at nearly half the weight was very nice.

Let us know how you like it tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Congrats on the 38

·
Registered
57 Posts
You're going to love your G38....great choice!

It's amazing how many people will just parrot the old "GAP ammo is hard to find" line without ever having tried to find any. My safe is filled with it, both defensive and FMJ, and I barely made two phone calls to get it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats on the 38! I had a 39 at one time and let another guy talk me in a swap and now wish I still had it. Doh! I kept all my 45 gap ammo though...ya never know what might come up for sale around here..just planning ahead.

·
Registered
412 Posts
From time to time someone recommends the G38 and I go back and forth....until now!!!
I called a local gun shop and asked,"Do you have any Glocks in 45 gap?" The response; Sure, we have the 37,38, and 39." Wow, I thought it be a stretch if the had one model.

Second question;" What about ammo? I heard it is hard to find." The reply was something I did not consider at all..."Our State Troopers use the Gap, we stay well stocked."

I guess you guys can see where I'm going with all of this, I pick up my new Glock 38 with all the ammo I can afford tomorrow!!!! All this time of going back and forth, I never considered how much influence a law enforcement agency can have on the local availability of ammo and such!!! I'm excited, as soon as my midterm exams end there will be a range report coming.
So how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
They just aren't popular around here. In fact I haven't seen one at a gun store for along time now. Even then it was only the one. I think they ended up trading it back to the distributor for something else because they couldn't move it.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Congrats! Let us know how it shoots.

·
Premium Member
5,854 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.