Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd start a thread asking about the G26 & it's different versions & what others have & why they use it..
I'm not a newbie by any means as I've had Glocks since 1989 & had three G19s & one G17..
I recently became more interested in the Glock platform as I picked up a G17L & now want a smaller lighter weight Sub Compact Glock to use for carry & truck use..
I know the Generation 4 G26s just came out & will be looking at one next Friday..
I also know that the early G26/G27s were Generation 2.5 with smooth front between the finger grooves..
I have a buddy who has a G19,G26,G27,G29 & G30 & have shot all the compact & sub compact Glocks in 9mm/40S&W/10mm & 45acp & have always prefered the 9mm para caliber for it's ease of ammo aquizition & price of ammo..
Also knowing that my 17/19 round G17L magazines will also fit the G26 helped in my choice of this model for my next Glock..
Now it's all about price & availability at the next gunshow..
I know a guy, same guy I bought My G17L from, That has a nice G26 & will be looking to him if I can get it for less than $400 as that's what the finacial advisers are gonna allow for this next purchase..
What say Ye..
Is there anything that I should be looking for exactly to find my next Glock that will fill a void when my J Frame S&W isn't used as my Primary Concealed Carry Weapon..
BTW My J Frame is a 940 Smith & is a super slick little beast..

Here's the 940 I currently use for CCW, The J frame in the Middle, I sold my 642 & G19 this year when times were hard & needed the money otherwise they'd still be in the safe..
Gary

S&W 642 940 & Glock 19 RTF2 "With Gills"

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
The only thing I really look for is if it has a feel to it that I like and if it has night sights on it or not. If not then I know that is another expense that will go into the gun. On a 26, 27, or 33 I would also look to see if the mags had the extensin on them as that is also a must for my big hands

·
Registered
59 Posts
Been carrying the G26 as my EDC for years now and feel it's the best for me. Some will say carrying a G26 and G19 are the same, but I own both and definitely feel the difference in size and comfort.

Be sure to invest in some Pearce +1 extensions at least for your primary carry mags. They offer a place to rest your pinky and a much more stable and natural grip for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hear you had to sell some hardware. I use the 26 for summer carry under a light shirt, the 19 for colder times under a sweater/sweat shirt. There's really not much difference in conceal-ability between the two, if you loved your 19 you may wish to replace it. Putting a pinkie extention on the 26 really negated the size difference (so I took it off). Got night sights on my 36; wish I'd spent the $ on ammo, they're just are a nice gimmick in my opinion.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've had 357 SIG Pistols & there great but the price of ammo turns me away from them..
In fact I know a guy who has a SIG P229 in 357 SIG for $425..
Then I'd be after a 40S&W Barrel to get the cost of shooting down..

I think the Glock 26 is what I'm after but you never know till you walk a gunshow & see what's out there & the prices of the Gear.. Most used guns are prices as new or MORE!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I love my 26. Im the same when it comes to the price of ammo. The extra money for anything other than the 9mm para is something i shy away from also. Its my favorite to shot also. The 9mm para is so cheap compared to the other big boy ammo. Mine is set up stock. I dediced not to get the extensions either because if you do it might as well be a g19. The 26 is awesome to shot and very accurate. I can shoot 300 rds in a afternoon and only cost me $60 for all of that fun then have my hollowpoints for selfdefense. Imo the 26 is the best! Plus if i wanted a g19 its easy enough to get the extended mags and spacer grip. Then turn it right back into the subcompact 26 in a matter of seconds. Enough. I could go on and on lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.