Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hers a few initial pics... Ill do some better ones another day. First impressions on the range today were great. Its a soft shooter, very smooth and I like the trigger a lot better then my 26, I think because it is smooth and not serrated. It took me about 200 rounds to get used to it. I was shooting terribly with it at first. I got a lot better the more I shot it, and I surmise Ill get a lot better with it still. Glock sent ten round mags with it by mistake, I already sent them back and they are sending me 17 rounders in exchange.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Awesome. This gun is on my list of "to get", and it's very near the top. Only the G26 is before it as a matter of fact. :)

·
None
1,525 Posts
Congrats. I agree on the trigger. I swap all of mine out to the smooth with the exception of a G27 that has had a little love put on it by somebody in the know.

I'm curious to hear your long term impressions of the G34. I like the accuracy of mine, but I have yet to find my personal happy median between accuracy and pushing it for speed. Note that this is a personal issue on my part and not any issue with the gun itself.

I'm planning on shooting my G34 in a club match this weekend that is an accuracy event.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congratulations! ;)

I also got my new G34 last week as a birthday present from my wife. So far, I've only shot about 200 rounds with mine. It is an excellent pistol. I really love shooting it. I can't wait to try it out in an IDPA match. The only minor thing I didnt like about it was the mag release's sharp edges that kinda cut my hand after about 150 rounds. That is easy to remedy though.

·
None
1,525 Posts
Missed the part about the mags. I'm surprised they didn't just send you out some 17 rounders and let you keep the 10 rounders that came with it.

That pistol could have been one boxed up to ship to a state with a 10 round limit still in place with the employee grabbing a 34 to send you and missing it.

What is the code on the label on the case.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Missed the part about the mags. I'm surprised they didn't just send you out some 17 rounders and let you keep the 10 rounders that came with it.

That pistol could have been one boxed up to ship to a state with a 10 round limit still in place with the employee grabbing a 34 to send you and missing it.

What is the code on the label on the case.
I think that would have been more fair as well, but the guy said send them back.

the code is: PI3450201 and says 2 10rd on the label as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So to recap...I got a G34 with (originally equipped) fixed plastic sights, 10rd mags and a 5.5 connector. What was this pistol originally slated for I wonder. California only? Crappy thing is, when I call them tomorrow, they are first going to tell me its "normal" and then tell me since Im not an armorer, that they cannot send me the RIGHT connector for this G34. Its not that big of a deal, I can put the RIGHT connector in...easy...I dont think I should have to pay for it though...I and Im left wondering why this G34 came like this. anyone have any insight?

·
None
1,525 Posts
I just noticed now this G34 has a 5.5 trigger connector in it...felt like it to me when I shot it but I though all of them were supposed to be the 3.5... But, low and behold...the box says 5.5, it also says fixed sights. What kind of fankenstein G34 did I get???
did some digging... apparently I got a California/LE version mish mash. its got the LE standard 5.5 connector, but the Cali mags and sights...
The 34 comes in multiple configurations. Mine came with a minus connector with fixed sights.

I had a feeling this might have been a CA gun that got pulled off the shelf (see post #10 in this thread).

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
The 34 comes in multiple configurations. Mine came with a minus connector with fixed sights.
My OD G34 came from a LE dealer here in GA and it had a 5.5# and regular fixed sights. I did get 3x 17rd mags though. I know you are disappointed and that is understandable given you got a bum G30 to begin with. However, I think GLOCK really has spent a lot of time working to make you happy. I applaud them. They will NOT send you a 3.5# ... even if you were an Armorer. You have to be LE and order them on letterhead for agency use.

You will love the G34. I do.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah im not really upset about it...I got a freaking sweet G34 for peats sake. I more so just wanted to see what the deal was with it coming equipped like it did. Looks like a call to Glockmeister for a 3.5 is in order.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.