Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Going back to your "Itchin" thread.. I'm going to get a new gun.. I'm not really sure what. I want so many.. I have that Gen 4 G26 on my mind, as well as a AR15. I can't get them both.. Well I can but I'm trying to buy a house too. So I can't get too reckless. Man.. It's tough..

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Going back to your "Itchin" thread.. I'm going to get a new gun.. I'm not really sure what. I want so many.. I have that Gen 4 G26 on my mind, as well as a AR15. I can't get them both.. Well I can but I'm trying to buy a house too. So I can't get too reckless. Man.. It's tough..
I'm in the same boat!

My next gun will probably be a 4th gen G26... Then I'll make the big push for an AR15... also been thinking about a tack driver... Maybe a .308... Maybe a Remington 700... Nice scope... I dunno...

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I'm just hoping I don't have to pay this year. We paid for the first time ever last year. (Luckily, our state refund covered it.) We went from getting thousands of dollars back form the FED each year to reducing our withholdings so we had that money throughout the year. I did notice a difference in $ at the end of the month all year long so I don't regret the decision one single bit. However, I did adjust our withholdings slightly with the goal of breaking even this year. We'll find out next weekend .... hopefully.

So ..... I don't expect to be making any purchases with my refund.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I haven't reduced my holdings yet but have been thinking about it. We usually get several thousand dollars back every year but I pay for it (literally) every paycheck. I make nearly 30K more than my wife but only bring home a few hundred more every month. I'd like to change it where we would break even and bring home a little more each month, but it's nice to get that money every spring as we usually use it for vacation.

What money I get back this year will go to bills being paid off. The wife wants a new house.... :(

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
We used to call our tax refund our "forced savings account". When it would arrive we would either pay something off, sink it into a home project, buy furniture, etc. It makes sense if you consider your own self discipline. We knew we wouldn't be able to make ourselves save money for such things on our own. We always found other things we "needed". The big refund was a nice bonus each year.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm in the same boat as VolGrad. Our refunds are usually gone in a couple days after we pay off the bills. This year, after we pay off the wife's credit card and make the final payment on my Ford Exploder we are going to buy a new couch. My wife may also get a new laptop, but we'll see. :)

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
The government gives refunds?
Partial. They force you to give the money, then they do as they wish with it, sometimes giving you a portion of it back if you give them more than you should have. It's a great plan. :( :(

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
Anything I can help with, let me know. I can turn wrenches if I have to.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.