Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the Talon Grips for my G30, however after receiving them I relegated them to my parts bag. They are too abrasive for my taste. Instead, I like the Decal Grip (rubber not the sand). They are very comfortable to me and improve the grip immensly. The sand texture type of grip may be OK for the range but for me I feel they would snag clothing and be abrasive on clothing also. I have the Decal Grips on my G22 and today I ordered them for the rest of my Glocks (G19,G30 and G32). You can find them on E Bay.

·
Premium Member
5,921 Posts
I used some skate board tape on my G19. I put it on both sides of the grip, and up front for my support thumb. When my firing hand gripped the "grip", my fingertips hit that skateboard tape and it immediately was too aggressive for my sensitive fingertips. I quickly removed that side. I have left the side that is against my palm of my shooting hand. It seems to give me a bit for grip and doesn't hurt my hand.

I haven't tried the Talon Grips but I might one day.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I've also used skateboard very sparingly on a 1911, but only on the frontstrap. Definitely helps me.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
i have the talon grips on my g29.

skateboard tape and talon grips are two different things. the grit on the talons isn't as sharp/aggressive, nor does it flake off like skateboard tape. the talon grit is larger, and has more space between each "grit particle" so it gives you a better grip than skateboard tape . feels good to me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the talon grips on my 30 and love it. You can lightly sand some of the grit off with some other sandpaper if its too rough. I can tell you right now that if your hands get wet or covered in blood you can still grip the gun without having to worry about it slipping out. It does however snag on clothing somewhat but by sanding some of the grip stuff off it reduces the snagging.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.