Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
None
1,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking that a good way to refer to the particular model and generation options would be as follows:

A third generation G19 could be a G19/3. A fourth generation would be a G19/4.

Might save some typing. What say y'all?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I was thinking that a good way to refer to the particular model and generation options would be as follows:

No thanks. I will continue using what GLOCK calls them Gen4 G19. You can do whatever you like though. Some people still call them GLOCK 19 or GLOCK Model 19. That's really long hand. :cool:

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts

Sounds good to me...especially when people that have been here a while are talking together... Might help to use the full description when talking with newer members, though...

I think I typed 4th generation Glock 17 about 20 times in one of my last posts...

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Gonna be a no go for me as well. I will just end up confused

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
In general if I type G19 it is in reference to a Gen3 gun. Anything else gets specified as Gen2 or Gen4, only because the Gen2 guns are less common now and the Gen4 are brand new. Gen3 is default for me.

·
Super Moderator
7,030 Posts
Sounds good...

So, when I type G19... I mean a Gen 4, because that's what I have and the Gen 3's are old...

:) :) :) :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.