Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Glock 27 and 30. Was cleaning them both and switched the frames and put them together. I was able to disassemble the Glock 27 slide on the 30 Frame ... but I can not remove the Glock 30 slide from the 27 Frame. Any ideas?... P.S. Jokes and ridicule are expected and deserved! :) Embarrased John

·
Registered
221 Posts
You should be able to release it like you do the reg way, pull the trigger and check the slide release and give it a goodly smack of the back of the slide
it actually happens more often than you think

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Luck

You should be able to release it like you do the reg way, pull the trigger and check the slide release and give it a goodly smack of the back of the slide
it actually happens more often than you think
Thanks for the help. I tried with the help of a neighbor and still not able to get the slide to come off the frame. I may try going to a gun store. John

·
Registered
221 Posts
if the slide release is down it should come off. how hard did you hit it?

·
Registered
366 Posts
jbd, I must confess - I did this same thing with a G26 and G23 one time. On purpose, no less!
The slide is real similar until you hit the firing pin safety & forward.
In my case the interference was either from the trigger bar hitting the firing pin safety, or the barrel interfering with the slide lock. I was able to slide a thin machinists's scale between the frame and slide.
I pushed the trigger bar fore and aft while holding the slide lock down as far as possible. The slide finally released.
Still haven't figured out exactly what locked 'em up, but you can bet I won't ever do that again! :D

You might try pushing all the pins out of the frame to see if that frees up any components that might be causing the lockup (Try the trigger pin first, that may allow the trigger bar to drop a little).
Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jbd, I must confess - I did this same thing with a G26 and G23 one time. On purpose, no less!
The slide is real similar until you hit the firing pin safety & forward.
In my case the interference was either from the trigger bar hitting the firing pin safety, or the barrel interfering with the slide lock. I was able to slide a thin machinists's scale between the frame and slide.
I pushed the trigger bar fore and aft while holding the slide lock down as far as possible. The slide finally released.
Still haven't figured out exactly what locked 'em up, but you can bet I won't ever do that again! :D

You might try pushing all the pins out of the frame to see if that frees up any components that might be causing the lockup (Try the trigger pin first, that may allow the trigger bar to drop a little).
Good luck!
You have some good points... I can tell that it is "trying" to release but something is impeding the final release. John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is not meant as a burn or anything other than a sincere question of inquiry.

How did you mix them up?
Actually... I was organized. Until I was interrupted while cleaning and could not get back to it for hours. Still...would have been easy to check the serial numbers. Not my finest hour. :) John

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
I know this does not help, but my 19 is completely apart on the bench, (froglube today), from when I took it apart yesterday, and I really wanted to put the fluted spring cups on my 17 on it, but that meant disassembling the 17 on the bench beside it, and after some thought, knowing it would sit there overnight and me being a day later to re-assemble them, I decided not to do 2 at once.

Hope you get it figured out !

·
Super Moderator
6,981 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I would love to know how you manage with this. I have never done it myself, but once I did assemble a G19 without the recoil spring installed. 15 minutes of panic followed by relief. I feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
3,884 Posts
The two videos referenced in this thread are quite helpful, and they have given me an idea to start a thread entitled "Field Stripping A Stuck Glock". I will use several points from the videos in writing the first post, with credit to humans4targets2. Stay tuned.

Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts