Glock Pro Forums banner

Streamlight TLR-1S for $84.99

9K views 34 replies 8 participants last post by  __jb 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Yeah, Vol beat me. That's $10.00 cheaper than I've ever seen it. I did a write up on it here somewhere if anyone is interested. The TLR-1s (strobe) has a brighter lumen output than the normal TLR-1 (non-strobe).

#8 ·
I didn't see where it said free shipping on the site, but the thread on GT where I got the info said free shipping with $89.99 purchase. Shipping was $8.99 before I added the batteries to to make the total over 89.99 then it changed to free shipping.

#7 ·
LOL. Congrats on the strong will Vol. I need two but I don't want to spend the money on that when I'm looking for a new G34 and accessories.

#12 ·
I took my TLR-1s to the range last week and shot it on my 4th Gen Glock 19... I figure if the light was ever going to cause a misfeed, it would be on a 4th gen 19... ;)

Shot about 100 rounds... no issues... It did discolor the chrome ring around the front of the light a bit... I originally thought it was just gunpowder, but it didn't wipe off... Might have been the heat... TLR-1s is out in front of the barrel a bit on a 19...

#13 ·
Mine discolored as well but the light is still bright as can be and works as designed. I had no issues with the functionality of my GLOCK and I now carry the combo daily in my Personal Security Holster.

#16 ·
Exactly. The two are not mutually exclusive. Each has its purpose.

I had a 15% discount code for LAPG and figured I might pick up another. They were $99 and free shipping. Went to look and they were up to $109 now. Didn't even look to see if they were still offering free shipping. They were in stock though.

#19 ·
I'm using a Surefire LX2 LumaMax...

http://www.surefire.com/LX2-LumaMax

It's a very nice tactical light... A little expensive, but very nice beam and functionality... multiple beam outputs controlled by a two-stage pushbutton tailcap switch...

#22 ·
The new Fenix TK15 is also a nice tactical light...

http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=79

The TK15 has 4 power levels that you cycle through via a special button... The pushbutton tailcap turns the light on momentarily or turns it on continuously when pressed all the way to the click. The tailcap button turns the light on in the mode it was last used in. So, if you want the light to come on in low, turn it off while it's in low...

Low - 5 lumens
Medium - 47 lumens
High - 143 lumens
Ultra - 337 lumens

It uses either two CR123A batteries or one rechargeable 18650 battery. I have the 18650 rechargeable... They are $82.95 at 4sevens...

http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_419_423&products_id=2538

The TK15 is a nice, very bright light... 4sevens is a reliable place...

#24 ·
I strongly suggest you look at the way the Fenix lights activate/de-activate. They are a click on, click off system ..... at least the ones I've handled/owned are.

I MUCH prefer the momentary on/off like SureFire uses. My tiny little Streamlight Microstream that rides in my front pocket every single day even has a momentary on/off switch. This systems is much quicker/easier to activate briefly (think flash). I know clicking all the way on then all the way off doesn't seem that much slower but it is. Seconds (or even half seconds) count in a gunfight. I don't want to get caught with my light on when it shouldn't be or going through all the levels/kinds of light trying to figure out what I need. I'll be dead before I decide on one.

Thus my preference for the SureFire G2X LED for a tactical hand held light. I don't carry it EDC (carry a Microstream more as a general purpose light, tactical in an emergency situation only). I keep the SureFire by the bed, by the front door, and one in each vehicle.

#26 ·
Vol brings up a very good feature.The proper way to shine your light when clearing a room in the dark is to quickly sweep the room with momentary light. Your eyes will pick up objects that are out of place. You should not enter the room pointing the light all around while it's is stuck in the On position if you are trying to clear it without giving up too much of your position or the element of surprise.
I agree with you guys... That's why my first reply only mentioned the SureFire LX2 LumaMax... It is an exceptional dual-output tactical flashlight... Some of you might not like dual-output flashlights... It does add some complexity to operating a tactical flashlight... You need to become familiar with it...

The Fenix TK15 flashlight that I mentioned in my second post is not a perfect tactical flashlight... The TK15 activates momentarily by pressing the tailcap button, just like all the good tactical flashlights do... But, as Vol mentions, pressing further on the tailcap button clicks the light into the full on cycle. When this happens to me, it throws me off track a bit... I realize that the light isn't turning off when I let go on the tailcap button and I have to think that I need to press the button again. I don't know if this is because I am used to my SureFire LX2, or because I have slow reflexes... but it's not good for me. My thoughts when I posted the info on the Fenix TK15 was that the tailcap button containing an on/off switch might not bother someone else... Maybe that was wrong...

The only fault of the SureFire LX2 LumaMax is that it is very expensive... If I were looking for a cheaper tactical flashlight, I would probably opt for the SureFire G2 or the G2X Tactical units... I would probably go for the G2 with 120 lumens if I also had a 160 lumen TLR-1s mounted on a rifle or pistol...

#25 ·
Vol brings up a very good feature.The proper way to shine your light when clearing a room in the dark is to quickly sweep the room with momentary light. Your eyes will pick up objects that are out of place. You should not enter the room pointing the light all around while it's is stuck in the On position if you are trying to clear it without giving up too much of your position or the element of surprise.

#29 ·
Not really about the lights but I can find Surefire CR123A 2 pack lithium for 4.99 at Lowe's. That's the best price I have found locally. Good to stock up for emergencies, especially since I have many other flashlights that use the same kind of battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.