Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new fireproof, air tight, waterproof safe, and reading through the documentation, it states that guns should not be stored in it. When I contacted the manufacturer, they said that people do store guns in them frequently, but they hadn't tested the safe for gun storage. My question is, is there a possibility that I could harm my Glock by storing it in an air tight safe? The safe has silica gel in it, to absorb some of the moisture that might be in the air, and much of the time, the Glock is on my hip, and not in the safe. Thoughts? Issues? Concerns?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tactworld45, that's kind of what I thought as well, but wanted to get the opinion from a few other folks. Glocks are built like tanks, and are pretty hard to damage, so I wasn't too concerned. Thanks for your thoughts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sure, nothing is "fireproof" as it's fire that forged the metals that made the safe. It's fire resistant, and in this case for a hour up to 1700 degrees. After that, all bets are off. And who knows what would happen to that gasket at 1700!?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.