Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,027 Posts
Interesting...

I think it would be hard to explain shooting someone in the back as self defense... Obvious that the guy intended to do him harm, so who knows...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting...

I think it would be hard to explain shooting someone in the back as self defense... Obvious that the guy intended to do him harm, so who knows...
Perhaps the hits spun him around? My main question was 8 rds, 6 hits...might that not be ruled by some as excessive force?
But then, it's easy to be an "armchair quarterback"...

·
Registered
252 Posts
Perhaps the hits spun him around? My main question was 8 rds, 6 hits...might that not be ruled by some as excessive force?
It could also be argued that the guy was really scared.

Advise from a local sherrif was empty the mag, even if the first shot was between the eyes and drops him in his tracks. Otherwise you could possibly be accused of stalking the criminal (yes in your house you can be accused of stalking an intruder). That way it looks like you were scared sh..tless and you got lucky with the one to the head. They can't tell which number round was the deadly one.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
this has been a fine line not clearly defined in many deadly force defense laws. there was a guy named manny roman in FL that shot an intruder and hit him 11 times a few years back when i lived there. the perp was shot in the front & back several times. the local prosecutor decided to press charges. eventually manny was cleared, but only after he lost everything he had due to legal fees. much of it is subjective to the prosecutor, unfortunately.

you can prbly google and find the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.