Glock Pro Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hang my head in shame but I have to admit that I’ve been unfaithful to all my Glocks. I inherited a Springfield Armory XD-M 9mm last year and I’ve been shooting it at the local matches. This is their factory made “match grade” pistol.

It’s an interesting gun when you look at it.

The trigger has a safety like a Glock and a grip Safety like a 1911. It disassembles with a lever on the side like a Sig. It’s striker fired and has a drop safety like Glock. The stainless steel magazines hold 19 rounds. It says Springfield Armory on the slide, but it also says “made in Croatia”. I didn’t even know they made guns. But then I don’t know anything about Croatia either. I’ll have to do a Google and look it up.

It’s smaller than one would expect. The grip actually feels smaller than that on my Gen-4 17. Accuracy and reliability with my reloads have been great. The only downside so far was finding a left hand belt holster for it. I had to get a Safariland duty holster.

·
Registered
239 Posts
They are good and accurate. Some say built more robustly than Glocks too. I think they have that unnecessary palm safety which increases parts count and is redundant.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So far I’ve got about 700-800 rounds through it. I’m shooting a combination of xtreme plated bullets or Blue Bullets.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At one time, I had three XDM’s. 9mm, 40 and 45. All were the 4.5 models. I eventually traded off the 40 and 45 and still shoot the 9. I’ve never tried taking it apart any further than a field strip for cleaning. Now that I’ve read your article I’m going to look into the trigger.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WOW.....those are expensive.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was seriously considering the XDm or the Glock 21! I choose the G21. I’m glad I did. It’s my first Glock, but won’t be my last. G19 on the list.... I made the decision because of Glocks reputation for durability among others.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I recently had a problem with one of my magazines and called Springfield about it. The lady asked for the serial number of my pistol and asked what was wrong. I told her and she said no problem, we’ll send you one right out. I asked if they wanted me to send the old one to them and she said no.

Two days later it showed up in the mail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts