Glock Pro Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Here's a "recent" thread on "brass in the face"... This forum is great, it's got everything!

G19 Gen4 recoil spring

I have switched my stock extractor to the one for my caliber from Lone Wolf. Worked excellent on both my gen4 G17 and gen3 G17L.... Good luck, and take care of your lips!

Call Glock, they will send you another Trigger Mechanism Housing. The problem is the part that is installed on it that defects the casing out of the slide. It hits the bottom left of the spent casing after the round is shot. The tip of it is not angled right. I am guessing it is a Gen 4 19.
Own a new 19 Gen3 purchased new in July this year does the same thing . I'm no expert but I've shot a few rounds in 50 years - it's not limp wristing or a ammo problems in my opinion my other weapons don't do that . I'll have to agree with you it's a parts problem. I intend to give them a call I'm at about a 1000 rounds down the tube on this 19 - hoping for the best but it has continued with the eractic ejections. Still I 'm a fan I really like the 19 .

It's well documented that the newer pistols have a MIM extractor. There is a tell tale "wave" in the top surface of the affected extractors. I chose to buy a milled replacement part from Lone Wolf distributors and for @ $20 problem solved.

If you want to ship your pistol back to Glock, they will most surely replace the extractor free of charge, but it will probably be the same version of the part that is causing the erratic ejections.

I've done this swap on a gen4 G17 and a gen3 G17L and the Lone Wolf extractor worked perfectly.

And if you get it straightened out, and ever shoot other firearms, be prepared at some point or another to getting smacked in the face with hot brass.
Not too long ago, the guy in the next lane to me was throwing his brass at 90 degree's and smacking me in the face every shot. When he finally got through shooting, I informed him of his technical problem, and he told me to "get over it". There were several people intervening after that, I'm usually very easy going, but I took that a little personal. When it was all said and done, and witness's spoke, he was asked to leave. He demanded his money back for his range card, but decided to keep it when he was informed that he could come back when he was a little more civil.

Morale: Hot brass in the face sucks.

FT:rolleyes:

I once had this problem with a 1911 Government Model, 70 series. The casings also had a flat spot near the mouth o the case. Both problems were solved by installing an extended extractor. Robin

I once had this problem with a 1911 Government Model, 70 series. The casings also had a flat spot near the mouth o the case. Both problems were solved by installing an extended extractor. Robin
I have installed the latest 9mm ejector from Glock (it's marked 30274 as opposed to the previous marked 336) and that change has "solved" the brass to the face problems for me in all my 9mm Glocks. Cheap, easy solution...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.